Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 A4 Quattro 2.0T DSG - APS Stage 1 Tune

Default 2014 A4 Quattro 2.0T DSG - APR Stage 1 Tune

It hasn't even been a month since picking up my car and already the mod-bug is biting.

Have been talking with Volksmuller re APR Stage 1 tune (with APR cold air intake), and to Peak RPM re Revo Technik Stage 1 tune (with Revo Technik cold air intake). Both are promising substantial power/torque increases above stock. Wondering if anybody here has had any experience with these systems on the 2.0TFSI engine.

I also wouldn't mind a tad sportier exhaust note, ideally something that would bring out the DSG fart but still remain fairly tame under normal driving conditions. Was wondering if anyone had done a muffler delete or resonator delete on the A4. I'm not sure if either/both would give me the result I'm after.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
    Last edited by Acrimonious; December 15th, 2016 at 01:47 AM.
    2014 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line 7-Spd DSG
    APR Stage I Tune

I have the same car as you and got a Revo stage 1 tune today, very pleased with the results, smooth power curve and much more responsive. I have also ordered the revo intake from the UK since its quite a bit cheaper than getting it locally, will install that in the new year. I also have a cat back exhaust, suggest you look at AWE Tuning they make some nice products.

Thanks for the feedback mate
    APR Stage I Tune

Ha Ha. Once bitten buy the mod bug your hooked. Do your research trust me. I have gone the Custom way. But Revo at Peak Rpm is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by sk67 View Post
    Ha Ha. Once bitten buy the mod bug your hooked. Do your research trust me. I have gone the Custom way. But Revo at Peak Rpm is the best option.
    Ended up getting the APR Stage 1 this afternoon. Man, what a difference. Car is an absolute animal! Much more responsive, power comes on quicker and loads more pull across the rev range. Couldn't be happier. Was just tune, no other supporting mods. CAI hasn't even arrived yet.

Definitely recommend APR tune at Volksmuller
    APR Stage I Tune

This is exactly what I wanted to hear......

I have a 2.0TQ A5 and have been thinking about the stage 1 upgrade, seems like it is worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by (((sonic))) View Post
    This is exactly what I wanted to hear......

I have a 2.0TQ A5 and have been thinking about the stage 1 upgrade, seems like it is worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mate, definitely recommend.

Any reservations I had about the APR tune were quickly extinguished once I took the car for a drive the first time. Strange though, seems that the car was performing at its best after about a few hours. I remember reading somewhere that the vehicle takes some adjusting to the new parameters set by the flash tune, maybe someone can confirm? Or maybe it was the fact that I drove it for the firs time in 33deg weather and the second time a few hours later when the temperature had dipped a bit.

All in all, great outcome.
    APR Stage I Tune

main thing is that you're happy with the outcome. Now you got the bug, start saving up for the next mod!

Quote Originally Posted by romaniac View Post
    main thing is that you're happy with the outcome. Now you got the bug, start saving up for the next mod!
    It could be a long journey
    APR Stage I Tune

Na. Have way through next year you'll want Stage 2.