Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: 4.2 V8 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Thought it was a blower on tip of the V...
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Nah, that’s just a custom plenum.

an interesting way to run the intake pipes from the turbos.....kinda stealthy..except that the turbos stick out like dogs balls ��

I just sold my B5 S4 so have just ordered the clutch/FW combo. Twin disc Tilton clutch same as the one Marco is running with a custom TTV flywheel.
    Oh, I also just bought another B5 S4 doh!

Quote Originally Posted by jsol View Post
    I just sold my B5 S4 so have just ordered the clutch/FW combo. Twin disc Tilton clutch same as the one Marco is running with a custom TTV flywheel.
    well that escalated quickly.....
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 700 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - AUDI S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - AUDI S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jsol View Post
    So when Mrs said a car must go, I guess that didn't preclude another one taking it's place. Brave man. I'd better keep my A4 away from these sleepers that are starting to evolve, get chewed up and spat out quick smart.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Yeah I know, Ed said to me he used to have that disease lol. It was just too good to pass up and I like rescuing them. I guess you could say I'm a good samaritan providing a public service. Yeah, that's a good excuse

Not much happening on this lately as I have been very busy (new job, new cars etc). I did pick up this 2.4 quattro which I need for a few things before I can send the car off to the exhaust shop to fabricate all the intake/exhaust piping.
    I can use the rad support, the 4 cylinder one is different to the V6 version which is more accommodating for the V8. Will also use the V6 chassis brace (the I4 has the intercooler piping running through it), subframe, and a few other small pieces.
    I'm also hoping the flywheel is the 8 bolt design like the 2.8 30v as I can use this to start and drive it around which will make it a lot easier loading/unloading onto the trailer as it has visit a few places. I can upgrade the clutch/flywheel once it is running. There is a Tilton twin disc to go on, I just want to be sure of the measurements before purchasing the flywheel from TTV. I have had a few emails back and forth from Ben at TTV but just want to be certain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any update?
    I just picked up a b5 avant 2.6 2v to lug the dogs around and thinking of throwing a 2.8 30v in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

Quote Originally Posted by Khoa View Post
    I just picked up a b5 avant 2.6 2v to lug the dogs around and thinking of throwing a 2.8 30v in.
    That's a nice colour Khoa! Pelican Blue?

That's a lot of effort for an extra 40hp (30kw) mate!
    30v is electronic throttle I think (so new accelerator pedal), and has immobiliser incorporated into the dash module.
    Your 2.6 will have an independent immobiliser under the dash (above right knee from memory).
    So full dash swap, and probably wiring loom to go with it, plus keys etc...

Besides which, the 2.6's go forever.
    2.8's arent as robust, with vvt actuator issues, leaking valve covers, etc. Block is the same though!

2.8 12V is much more straight forward for a 25hp gain.
    Last edited by 27litres; January 25th, 2019 at 11:28 AM.
    Marty

---
    Current:
    2001 S8 - 19" x 9" C5 RS6 rims, Solar Sunroof, heated leather front and rear seats, tinted side and rear glass, RNS-D, XCarlink, Bose, clunky old phone in arm rest...
    2002 S8 - 18" RS4 reps (for now), Solar Sunroof, 'Sports' mode shifter... Engine dropped valve on PO - work in progress...

Gone but not forgotten:
    ​1997 A4 Quattro V6 Manual "Hamilton's Club Sport"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 27litres For This Useful Post:

Khoa (January 25th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 27litres View Post
    That's a nice colour Khoa! Pelican Blue?

That's a lot of effort for an extra 40hp (30kw) mate!
    30v is electronic throttle I think (so new accelerator pedal), and has immobiliser incorporated into the dash module.
    Your 2.6 will have an independent immobiliser under the dash (above right knee from memory).
    So full dash swap, and probably wiring loom to go with it, plus keys etc...

Besides which, the 2.6's go forever.
    2.8's arent as robust, with vvt actuator issues, leaking valve covers, etc. Block is the same though!

2.8 12V is much more straight forward for a 25hp gain.
    Thanks Matty
    I knew someone with good knowledge will chime in. Yes it's Pelican blue and apparently rare, i didn't have the heart to see the thing go to wreck so i got it off a young chap.

It's going to be a project to pratice/learn engine pull, clutch....etc in order for me to confidently work on the S4.

Car apparently had a full service history until it falls into the hand of this young chap and he didn't look after it, by the look of it, at all. Lucky @Trent (forum member here) spotted it, send me the pic, we were going to part it but the color grew on me so i'm doing my best to bring it back to life.
    Good thing is everything in it works, including cruise control. Has fairly new front suspension arms, remus muffler, ozracing wheels, chassic is tight, turn in better than my s4 as a matter of fact.

Sorry dont meant to hijact jsol thread
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

Agree, I wouldn't worry about the 30v. If your going to the effort of swapping the chassis plugs/ dash integration etc may as well pop a V8.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jsol For This Useful Post:

Khoa (January 25th, 2019)