Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New SQ5

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jamesatfish View Post
    The last update I read last week (http://www.caradvice.com.au/512082/2...ts-in-detroit/) stated that Audi Australia have yet to confirm any details about the availability of the diesel variant of the new SQ5. From what they've said (or not said) I'd suggest that if they do bring out a diesel version it won't be until at least 2018.

Thanks mate. How disappointing. Only Audi would released a new vehicle that's slower and thirstier than the previous model. Don't get me wrong the new SQ5 looks gorgeous, but the performance numbers are disappointing relative to the old car and the competition including the Porsche Macan and Mercedes GLC43.

I was really looking forward to getting back into an Audi in the second half of this year, but now maybe not so much. Unless they price the new TFSI below the current TDI and then leave a bit of room for an SQ5TDI in 2018. But I'd still be annoyed to have my brand new vehicle 'outdated' in some respects within 6 months by a diesel variant with better performance and economy.
    Panther Black 8V S3 Sedan - S-Tronic - Performance Pack 2 - Sunroof - Assistance Pack - Mirror Package - Rear Armrest

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OzAudi84 For This Useful Post:

porgeSQ5 (February 10th, 2017)

Not getting younger and likely last opportunity to get back into something with Audi quality and 'attitude'.
    I'll give it three or four years and maybe I'll stay with the RSQ3 or I could return to the diesel warrior.
    No children and therefore do not need the extra volume of the SQ5 despite it being such a compelling and competent package.

Dingah

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dingah For This Useful Post:

ido09s (February 22nd, 2017)

5. Default

I'm quite disappointed too. We were thinking of trading our SQ5 for the new model later in the year, but it's the long highway range and torque for towing that made the SQ5 an appealing option in the first place. If they don't bring out the TDI version then we'll look at something else - there's no point buying a petrol SQ5 given the existence of the Macan.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamesatfish For This Useful Post:

bigvissch (February 5th, 2017), OzAudi84 (February 1st, 2017)

7. Default

Preliminary pricing for the Q5 range has been released. $99,900 for the SQ5. Major options are the technic package (HUD, Matrix Headlights and Bang and Olufsen), sunroof, air suspension and carbon inlays.
    Panther Black 8V S3 Sedan - S-Tronic - Performance Pack 2 - Sunroof - Assistance Pack - Mirror Package - Rear Armrest

8. Default

Just had my SQ5 serviced at ACS and the tech alluded to 2018 for new SQ5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamesatfish View Post
    The last update I read last week (http://www.caradvice.com.au/512082/2...ts-in-detroit/) stated that Audi Australia have yet to confirm any details about the availability of the diesel variant of the new SQ5. From what they've said (or not said) I'd suggest that if they do bring out a diesel version it won't be until at least 2018.
    I dare say it would be a bad business decision on their behalf if they did not bring in the diesel SQ5. As has already been said, I know I wouldn't buy one knowing it was slower and used more fuel than the earlier versions.

Hi all - it's been a while!

New SQ5 should be here in a few months according to a discussion I had this week. Petrol only.

Since my 14' SQ5 I've had a 16' BMW X5 M50d, 16' BMW X5M and now a 17' Mercedes GLC250 / 17' BMW M3 combo (incoming).

Not feeling the GLC (even tho it's the wife's car), so considering a new SQ5 or GLC43 AMG.

If the old 3.0 Petrol in the A5 with an APR tune was anything to go buy, I'm not going to miss the Diesel in the new SQ5.
    17' BMW M3 ZCP
    16' Mercedes GLC250
    16' BMW X5 X5M - Gone
    15' BMW X5 M50d - Gone
    14' Audi SQ5 - Gone

11. Default

Not sure what to make of the online article below which is from Jan 2017:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/645...ity-in-detroit

But in the article it states that "The petrol model is expected to be joined by a new SQ5 TDI powered by a more powerful development of the 3.0-litre turbo diesel V6 used in the 200kW Q7 SUV."

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DLasoul View Post
    Not sure what to make of the online article below which is from Jan 2017:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/645...ity-in-detroit

But in the article it states that "The petrol model is expected to be joined by a new SQ5 TDI powered by a more powerful development of the 3.0-litre turbo diesel V6 used in the 200kW Q7 SUV."
    According to the German forums I've been google translating, there will be an SQ5 diesel however it will be late this year at best, but most likely European summer next year. By the time it makes it over here you're looking mid year 2018 at best for Australia.

It's a frustrating situation for buyers looking at the SQ5, especially considering the diesel could outperform the petrol while also being more frugal.

The petrol unit is a peach though from my test drive of a new S5 coupe.

I think the diesel scandal has caught Audi off guard, hence there is no 3.0TD yet available in the standard range either.

13. Default

Sounds to me as though Audi are positioning the new SQ5 as a quick version in the Q5 range, but leaving room for an RSQ5 that would do sub 5sec 0-100km/h making it clearly the benchmark in the Q5 range.

Maybe the diesel version will be the RSQ5?