Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: S3 8V sim card

Quote Originally Posted by jdog05 View Post
    yeah, i did previously, would then enter the password and then get a connection failure msg...as of today the cars not recognising the sim card at all now so looks like a trip to the dealer
    Have you tried a hard reset of the MMI? Push both the Nav and Radio buttons up while pushing down on the wheel. Also have you tried deleting the Audi hotspot from your phone and setting it up again? Do this after the hard reset.
    Tango Red S3 MY17 | Mirror Pkg | Black Pkg | Roof Rails Black | SPP 1 | Asst Pkg | Design Selection 2 | Privacy | Panoramic Sun Roof |
    Previously -Black S3 MY09 | Pearl Black S3 MY01| Ming Blue A3T MY00 | Laser Red A3 MY99 |

2. Default

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I only get the privacy message if I enable the google maps. I had google maps disabled for a while and never got that message. As soon as I reenabled it, the message reappears.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    The privacy spam I believe is a bug. It doesn't happen on all cars.

If you try and use voice with the command "online destination" you will notice that it will bring up the privacy spam, and when you try to click continue it will cancel the search. If you do nothing, it will tell you an error has occurred, but when you go to the search you will see that it typed in the search so you can manually force it to work.

I have spoken to Audi about this, and have tested another brand new S3 MY18 in the dealership which did not have this problem. It nagged about the privacy once... then not again, and the online destination worked without issue. They said Audi global was aware of the problem and working on a firmware fix. This was 4 months ago now, so hopefully when I go in for my first service it will be fixed.
    Current: RS3 Sedan - Daytona Grey - Extended High Gloss Black Package - B&O Audio
    Old: 2015 S3 Sepang Blue - SSP2 - Manual - SOLD

3. Default S3 8V sim card

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Have you tried a hard reset of the MMI? Push both the Nav and Radio buttons up while pushing down on the wheel. Also have you tried deleting the Audi hotspot from your phone and setting it up again? Do this after the hard reset.
    Thanks Mitch, just did the MMI reset, still not recognising the SIM card, also checked the sim service provider and no issues there so will try the dealer on sat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk