Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: S3 8V sim card

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by paulf View Post
    I have google maps enabled, but was curious about street view. Have not been able to get this to work ?
    Were you driving while this you tried this?
    I believe the Street View only works when you are stationary

Mine simply needed activation of the SIM card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patiently awaiting: MY17 S3 Sedan | Manual | Daytona Grey | LED Matrix headlights | S Performance Package 2 | Split seats | Elec. Mirrors

I have not been able to get SV to work even when stationary, with gear in park and handbrake on.

I reckon its disabled, we only get maps.

Street view definitely works, but only when stationary. I've used it a few times when bored at the traffic lights.

You need to navigate using the scroll wheel touch pad to a street, and then you can zoom all the way in. It doesn't do it on your cars location on the map.

So i bought a prepaid data sim from vodafone, put it in the cars sim slot and all seems to be ok but it is connecting at 3g and not 4g. Also the maps dont seem to load while driving and is really blurry. Has anyone else had this issue? Not sure if im supposed to activate the sim but all the data settings in the MMI are picking up vodafone etc. Really want to get this working...

anyone been able to get the car to be a wifi hot spot? I have set it up but when I try to connect using an iPhone or Andriod phone I get authentication error, even though using same password that is set in MMI (and displyed in wifi password)
    MY17 S3 Sportsback - Daytona Grey - SPP2 - Assist Pack - Pano Roof - Black Styling - Matrix headlights
    MY17 Q7 (200kw) - Silver - Pano Roof - 10 Spokes

Gone: MY16 Audi S3 Sporstback - Sepang Blue (Black Ext Highlights) SPP2, Pano Roof
    Gone: MY12 VW Scirocco R (Viper Green)

Quote Originally Posted by BS_S3 View Post
    anyone been able to get the car to be a wifi hot spot? I have set it up but when I try to connect using an iPhone or Andriod phone I get authentication error, even though using same password that is set in MMI (and displyed in wifi password)
    Yep, using this without issue. I'd suggest customising the password and trying once more?

Patiently awaiting: MY17 S3 Sedan | Manual | Daytona Grey | LED Matrix headlights | S Performance Package 2 | Split seats | Elec. Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by jjc86 View Post
    Yep, using this without issue. I'd suggest customising the password and trying once more?

that was one of the first things I tried, but didnt help.....any more clues?
    MY17 S3 Sportsback - Daytona Grey - SPP2 - Assist Pack - Pano Roof - Black Styling - Matrix headlights
    MY17 Q7 (200kw) - Silver - Pano Roof - 10 Spokes

Gone: MY16 Audi S3 Sporstback - Sepang Blue (Black Ext Highlights) SPP2, Pano Roof
    Gone: MY12 VW Scirocco R (Viper Green)

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    1. It uses crowd sourcing so it potentially has near-real time updates.
    4. It prevents Google collecting and collating even more data about you and your movements.
    You do realise that Google bought Waze back in 2013.
    Much of the crowd-sourced information relating to traffic does filter to Google maps, just not the speed trap/police presence warnings.

I've also found Waze routing to be much more aggressive in favouring back roads and avoiding major congested roads, and I hate trying to get out from one of these back streets back onto a major arterial during peak hour.

Seconded.
    Waze is excellent for many reasons and is particularly good when driving in the USA where the voice prompts are spot on; however, in times of traffic the back road routing though apparently smart can lead you through some junctions where traffic flows are not in your favour.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR