Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SQ5 out....RSQ3 in!

speed sign recognition - Not possible at this stage
    speed limit data on NAV display - Not possible with current mapping data
    DRLs off on setting 0 on the external lighting selector - see this site for details http://ankk-vagcom.com/q3-8u-activer-desactiver-feux-jour-drl-depuis-mmi/#more-2063 (may need to translate)
    Alarm beep on lock - http://ankk-vagcom.com/q3-8u-bips-au-verrouillagedeverrouillage-du-vehicule/#more-2314
    Q3 135kw TDI quattro sport with - Technik package, Comfort package, Assistance package, Panoramic sunroof and Audi connect.

Thanks for the insights.
    BTW here's the results of a single coat of the DoDO spray - darn impressive and a cinch to apply:

_99A8995.jpg_99A8994.jpg_99A8997.jpg_99A9006.jpg

Dingah

Quote Originally Posted by stitch View Post
    speed sign recognition - Not possible at this stage
    speed limit data on NAV display - Not possible with current mapping data
    DRLs off on setting 0 on the external lighting selector - see this site for details http://ankk-vagcom.com/q3-8u-activer-desactiver-feux-jour-drl-depuis-mmi/#more-2063 (may need to translate)
    Alarm beep on lock - http://ankk-vagcom.com/q3-8u-bips-au-verrouillagedeverrouillage-du-vehicule/#more-2314
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dingah For This Useful Post:

SilvRFoxx (March 21st, 2017)

Welcome to the joys of owning a dark colour... looks smoking hot. Call it Red Mist, dodo juice is the brand. Remember to apply every 3 minutes months. It is a great LSP but is there to protect the sealant on your paintwork. I have tried. Heaps of products and keep coming back to red mist. You don't need much and a bottle should last you nearly 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me: MY16 Audi S3 Daytona Grey
    Mrs : MY16 VW Polo GTI Pure White

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SilvRFoxx For This Useful Post:

Dingah (May 7th, 2017)

Just completed a partially successful coding of the RSQ3.
    The one nut I cannot crack is getting the dumb arse mirrors to fold when I lock the car either with the door button or key fob.
    Followed your instructions below as follows:

[42 - Door Elect. Driver] Check

[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> [Byte 4] Check

[Bit 6 - Undocumented (1 = active) in Binary String] No good
    - there is no entry for Bit 6 there are only 4 or it might be 5 Bits on the screen.?
    There is no reference to any mirror folding functions in any of the Byte Bins other than folding mirrors fitted which is already checked.
    Does this mean the mighty RS requires me to select fold manually using the internal rotary selector every time I leave the car?

Dingah
    => Change Bit 6 to 1

Quote Originally Posted by stitch View Post
    You MUST code BOTH door controllers or only ONE mirror will fold -

[42 - Door Elect. Driver]
    [Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> [Byte 4]
    [Bit 6 - Undocumented (1 = active) in Binary String]
    => Change Bit 6 to 1
    Note : Bit 0 is at the far right of the binary string
    The HEX value for this byte was prolly 1C; Binary Value [00011100]
    and the NEW HEX value should be 5C; Binary Value [01011100]

Esc or Exit
    Transfer Coding
    Do It!

[52 - Door Elect. Pass.]
    [Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> [Byte 4]
    [Bit 6 - Undocumented (1 = active) in Binary String]
    => Change Bit 6 to 1
    Note : Bit 0 is at the far right of the binary string
    The HEX value for this byte was prolly 1E; Binary Value [00011110]
    and the NEW HEX value should be 5E; Binary Value [01011110]

Esc or Exit
    Transfer Coding

mirrow fold - drivers side start ..jpg

Screen shot for driver's side before coding. Bit 0 is at the far right of the binary string. The HEX value for this byte was prolly 1C, binary value 00011100
    and the new HEX value will be 5C binary value 01011100.

Mirror fold after.jpg
    Screen shot after the code change should look like this.
    Last edited by stitch; April 6th, 2017 at 06:41 PM.
    Q3 135kw TDI quattro sport with - Technik package, Comfort package, Assistance package, Panoramic sunroof and Audi connect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stitch For This Useful Post:

Dingah (April 7th, 2017)

Genius stuff Stitch. Job done in one a couple of minutes this time - great advice and sincere thanks for the guidance.
    Now have the mirror folding, lane change indicator at five rather than three flashes, beep on lock/unlock and roof close connected to rain sensor.
    Open to other suggestions.

Dingah

Congrats on the RSQ3.
    17' BMW M3 ZCP
    16' Mercedes GLC250
    16' BMW X5 X5M - Gone
    15' BMW X5 M50d - Gone
    14' Audi SQ5 - Gone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to elisiX For This Useful Post:

Dingah (April 22nd, 2017)

Foxxy boy that Dodo Juice Red Mist performs like nothing else I have ever tried and I reckon I must have tried just about everything.
    I used it as a finisher after washing the RSQ3 yesterday and with the absolute minimum of effort it is like a mirror looking as though it is coated in Teflon - amazing concoction and extremely highly recommended to other forum buddies.
    Dingah

SQ5 gone now RSQ3 Performance + and Tiguan R-Line APR (Stage 1)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dingah For This Useful Post:

SilvRFoxx (May 7th, 2017)

Yeah I have been using it for many years, like yourself tried all manner of potions but none quite had the same pop or longevity. I am narrowing my products down to what I know will give me the exact result every time. Th 2 Quik detailers I use are the Red Mist which lasts about 2-3 months depending on weather exposure and as a top up in between I will use Duragloss Aquawax, but I spray that on while the car is still wet and I am drying it off. that will last about a month. This will probably mean you get 2 years out of a bottle of Red Mist and maybe 1 out of the Aquawax.

If you are interested in anything else yell out.. but now you can see what happens when you use the right products dark coloured cars are actually a joy to own and care for.
    Me: MY16 Audi S3 Daytona Grey
    Mrs : MY16 VW Polo GTI Pure White

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    Foxxy boy that Dodo Juice Red Mist performs like nothing else I have ever tried and I reckon I must have tried just about everything.
    I used it as a finisher after washing the RSQ3 yesterday and with the absolute minimum of effort it is like a mirror looking as though it is coated in Teflon - amazing concoction and extremely highly recommended to other forum buddies.
    +1 for the Red Mist.......used it yesterday after washing the SQ5 and wowsers, i don't think the car has been as shiny ever. You can feel the smoothness on the paintwork immediately. Very happy with the outcome! Sort of want it to rain to see the 'beads' form! A few pics below.....with the Westfalia attached as well.

IMG_0747.jpgIMG_0748.jpgIMG_0751.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mrbillsy For This Useful Post:

SilvRFoxx (May 9th, 2017)