Thread: Autodim rear view mirror - 2001 B5 S4

Default Autodim rear view mirror - 2001 B5 S4

Hey guys,

We all know that the B5 platform Autodim Rearview Mirror doesn't like the hot temperature here in Australia.

Well mine failed yesterday, only 1 day before replacing the window tint but that's another story.

What have people been replacing their mirrors with when they fail?

J

Quote Originally Posted by CultS4 View Post
    Hey guys,

We all know that the B5 platform Autodim Rearview Mirror doesn't like the hot temperature here in Australia.

Well mine failed yesterday, only 1 day before replacing the window tint but that's another story.

What have people been replacing their mirrors with when they fail?

J
    From memory the previous owner of my RS replaced the mirror about 5 years ago with a B7 RS mirror with the integrated compass. Certainly from my perspective it was a good choice and I actually find the compass quite useful.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

I was lucky enough to find a replacement from a local member on this forum.

Prior to that I was just about to order a replacement from ebay. From memory though all B5, B6 and B7 units should fit but have minor differences like thickness or where the on button is located, compass/no compass depending were you source it from.
    B5 S4 - 2.7 biturbo Imola
    B6 A4 1.8T Quattro 5spd, Stg 3
    Honda S2000
    B5 A4 V6 2.6 5spd

4. Default

That was me, i got it from Ebay US.

It has compass and surprisingly it shows correct direction.
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

You can also just take it apart and clean the brown stuff out from between the two pieces of glass.

I got mine from Sigma Automotive in the US - about $100 if I recall correctly...
    http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/NVS/nvs.php
    Rob
    1999 Nogaro S4
    1990 Porsche 944 Turbo (952)
    1996 Ducati 900 Supersport