Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: S3 8V Milltek non-resonated non-valved catback

  1. #1

    Default S3 8V Milltek non-resonated non-valved catback

    Hi All, is that anyone in Sydney with an S3 that has fitted a non-resonated non-valved catback that I can listen to? I currently have a resonator delete with valves coded open and no other mods.

    People on the Golf R forums have fitted this and say that it pops and crackles on downshifts on their R 7 and I was hoping to get a bit more pop and crackles without remapping and losing my warranty at the moment.

    I am trying to quantify whether the extra 2.5k is worth it compared to what I have currently.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanked: 48

    Default

    Unfortunately pops and crackles won't happen on the S3 8V with just an exhaust. The feature has to be written into the ECU file. I've tried going from res delete and open valves on the stock system, to full turbo back exhaust with racing cat and still hardly any pops. What you will get however, are louder revs and dsg farts.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to OraQube For This Useful Post:

    sydneyr (April 22nd, 2017)

  4. #3

    Default

    Thanks, OraQube. That's what I thought and others have confirmed that it is the tune that makes the difference.

    On the R forums, one of the members who I contacted had a massive change to pops and bangs after he changed his standard R exhaust to the Milltek. Maybe he was just lucky.

    He mentioned some changes to the 2017 Millteks catbacks and the place he ordered and fitted, Mullerhaus, also confirmed that I would get some pops and bangs! I could not google any special differences that Milltek had made in 2017.

    Anyway, I have ordered the Milltek catback non-resonated, non-valved 2 weeks ago from Mullerhaus and waiting for it to arrive and get fitted.

    I will enjoy the extra noise regardless. I might do a pop bang remap from e-tuners later but I would like to keep the car's warranty intact at the moment.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanked: 48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sydneyr View Post
    Thanks, OraQube. That's what I thought and others have confirmed that it is the tune that makes the difference.

    On the R forums, one of the members who I contacted had a massive change to pops and bangs after he changed his standard R exhaust to the Milltek. Maybe he was just lucky.

    He mentioned some changes to the 2017 Millteks catbacks and the place he ordered and fitted, Mullerhaus, also confirmed that I would get some pops and bangs! I could not google any special differences that Milltek had made in 2017.

    Anyway, I have ordered the Milltek catback non-resonated, non-valved 2 weeks ago from Mullerhaus and waiting for it to arrive and get fitted.

    I will enjoy the extra noise regardless. I might do a pop bang remap from e-tuners later but I would like to keep the car's warranty intact at the moment.
    No worries, sydneyr. Good choice on the Milltek

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to OraQube For This Useful Post:

    sydneyr (April 22nd, 2017)

  7. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OraQube View Post
    No worries, sydneyr. Good choice on the Milltek
    Thanks Oraqube. I will post a review once i have it fitted. Hopefully it gets here soon.

  8. #6

    Default

    I am still waiting for my cat back. However, I have contacted the person who has the Golf R 7 and he has showed me a before and after the Milltek cat back non-resonated non-valved (also prior to Stage 1 tune).

    His pre-facelift 2016 R definitely had the pops and crackle on deceleration straight after the cat back. It sounded very close to the RS3. I was extremely impressed and hope that I get the same. Does anyone know if the ecu between the S3 and the R are approximately similar? Can I expect the same pops and crackle?

    The wait is killing me, now that I have seen the video of the R!

  9. #7

    Default

    where did you order your Miltek catback system from and how much was it ? I am looking to do same on $2.5K budget if I can.

    thanks
    S3 MY15 8V Sedan in Glacier White (S Performance Pack (excluding the sports seats, prefer the stock electric seats), Assistance package, Folding mirrors), Spectune Stage 1, Resonator delete, Pedalbox, ABS front splitter, INJEN Evolution Intake, GFB Blow off Valve DV+

  10. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarko View Post
    where did you order your Miltek catback system from and how much was it ? I am looking to do same on $2.5K budget if I can.

    thanks
    Hi Omarko, I got the Milltek from Paul from Mullerhaus Sydney. Cost was $2.3k with fitting at $200. I am booked in for installation next Tuesday. I can't wait but I am expecting that crackles will not increase but hoping that miracles happen!

    Worse case is to take it to etuners sydney for a pop crackle map but would like to keep my warranty. Let's see how it goes after Tuesday and after the new catback is run in.

  11. #9

    Default

    So I finally got my Milltek catback non-resonated non-valved exhaust fitted. It sounds nice, no drone, smoother than the oem exhaust with the resonator delete (no rasp), slightly louder as well. However, no crackles or burbles on deceleration, which makes me unhappy. Anyway, I will let it run in for a few weeks and then re-evaluate.

    I am still on the fence of a crackle map as I don't want to lose warranty plus not sure if it will damage the catalytic converter.

    A new friend which has taken my in his Golf R7 crackles like crazy with the same exhaust, even before he tuned the ecu.

    The Audi is definitely refined but I just want it to crackle!

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanked: 48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sydneyr View Post
    So I finally got my Milltek catback non-resonated non-valved exhaust fitted. It sounds nice, no drone, smoother than the oem exhaust with the resonator delete (no rasp), slightly louder as well. However, no crackles or burbles on deceleration, which makes me unhappy. Anyway, I will let it run in for a few weeks and then re-evaluate.

    I am still on the fence of a crackle map as I don't want to lose warranty plus not sure if it will damage the catalytic converter.

    A new friend which has taken my in his Golf R7 crackles like crazy with the same exhaust, even before he tuned the ecu.

    The Audi is definitely refined but I just want it to crackle!
    Yep that sounds about right. Very easy to get pops and crackles on the mk7 R's with just an exhaust but not on the S3's.

    You may need to get a downpipe with decat or at least a high flow cat as well, since the factory cat is quite restrictive.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to OraQube For This Useful Post:

    sydneyr (May 9th, 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •