Thread: Supercharged Q5 apr tune

Default Supercharged Q5 apr tune

Considering the APR tune. Main concern is that the throttle response could be too sensitive - it is for my parents' car. have seen some reviews for the north american tune being too sharp on the throttle response, but that was for the sq5 tune, which might be a bit more 'sporty' than the q5 tune.

any one on here got the apr tune on their q5? care to share your thoughts? with the tune, does the throttle response vary between the modes (dynamic, eco etc)?

failing that, anyone got another apr'd supercharged v6 audi, such as a q7, a6?

Hi, be keen to hear how you get on with this! I have a 3.0T A5 and 3.0T Q5. I am considering a custom tune from the guys at Melbourne Performance Centre for both. A5 will go first as that's my ride and the Q5 is my wife's. I haven't done much research as yet on the APR tunes but they are obviously very popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

to my surprise, my dad got the apr tune last week. i had a quick drive on the weekend. geeez. seems to be no downside. had been a while since i had driven that car, but it seemed pretty much stock unless you really got onto the throttle - and when you did... well. no more constrained top end. easily the fastest car i have driven. i don't remember the front of the car raising like that. why would you need more than 6 cylinders on a road car? if you had an audi supercharged v6, why wouldn't you get the apr treatment? it certainly is a lot more linear than a tuned turbo engine - an equivalent turbo might have more of a shove in the mid range, but wouldn't keep building like that in the top end.

i must admit that it was pretty much what i expected. but my expectations were based on a few numbers from apr's claims, such as 325kw, >500nm, high-4s.

to me, it sounds good with the stock exhaust too.

another thing: there are sleepers and there are ultimate sleepers. this thing looks like any stock standard Q5, with pretty tame looking 19inch 235mm tyres, no sline body kit etc, no tinting, driven by middled aged people, standard exhaust. absolute standard looking. it is sure to shock a few people.
    Last edited by sclyde2; April 30th, 2018 at 06:09 PM.

That sounds really impressive. I am going to be picking up my A5 today after a custom tune by MPC. I am super keen to see the figures and even more keen to get behind the wheel.

Will let you know how it has turned out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro