Thread: Burn 2004 audi 1.8t b6 s line

1. Default Burn 2004 audi 1.8t b6 s line

So.. for my first fathers day in my life i was given an Audi a4 1.8t b6 s line 2994 model. Wife paid 14k for it.

At first everything seem fine.. car looks great drives great.. no problems. Then 1 month in.. small issues started to arise. From failed thermostat to diverter valve pressure drop and now boost leaks and weird noises when driving at low rpm.. especially in gear 2 and 3.. makes weird stutter noises.. and then theres the clicks when i brake hard and clicks when i turn hard left or hard right and reversing it makes noise.. going straight its fine.

My plan is to burn the car.. bat the f#$k out of it.. and record it live. At the same i plan to invite anyone who has a anger problem with Audi u are welcome to come and vent your frustration on my car.

I was.hoping to save up some more money to afford the vw mk7 first. Almost there.

Anyway any one keen to share there thoughts

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MRCT View Post
    So.. for my first fathers day in my life i was given an Audi a4 1.8t b6 s line 2994 model. Wife paid 14k for it.

At first everything seem fine.. car looks great drives great.. no problems. Then 1 month in.. small issues started to arise. From failed thermostat to diverter valve pressure drop and now boost leaks and weird noises when driving at low rpm.. especially in gear 2 and 3.. makes weird stutter noises.. and then theres the clicks when i brake hard and clicks when i turn hard left or hard right and reversing it makes noise.. going straight its fine.

My plan is to burn the car.. bat the f#$k out of it.. and record it live. At the same i plan to invite anyone who has a anger problem with Audi u are welcome to come and vent your frustration on my car.

I was.hoping to save up some more money to afford the vw mk7 first. Almost there.

Cars are like children, sometimes they give you some grief, but should you stop loving them. Considering your wife did most of the work, maybe you should buy her a car for Mothers Day. Only got a few weeks to go. Maybe if you need to beat up on someone, you should find the last owner and wack em with the maintenance manual. Instead of the others taking it out on your car, maybe they should bring their own to show they are really serious. All else failing, choose a cool night so that you can enjoy the bonfire, bring marshmellows.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

3. Default

Wouldnt it be funny.. if i set the car on fire.. and send to recording to audi. I think its hilarious..

Wouldnt it be funny.. if i set the car on fire.. and send to recording to audi. I think its hilarious..

You should become a movie producer. Big Budget at $14K a minute. You're too rich for my bank roll.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

5. Default

Yeh money is important.. but it isnt everything.. a worry free car is wayy more important. Well see.. its 50/50 decision at the moment. Ill do when ive settled into a replacement. Ill make sure it will be a good video. BURN AUDI BURN. A 13.5 yr old car shouldnt be like mine.. regardless of age. I guess i got the bad batch.. like everything there will always be a bunch thats flawed.

Blog Entries

no sure if you're taking the you-know-what or serious!

I hope your wife doesn't every buy you a house! Mines 30 odd years old and always something to do on it... Then again, would make a even better bonfire..

I would flog the car for what ever you can get for it, then spend some of the money on a overseas holiday... Maybe somebody needs to change the coil packs and some brakes and some love and it will be like new...

Sounds like crappy little maintenance problems.

Failed thermo is easy to replace, take you a couple of hours. Diverter valve is cheap and easy to replace. Boost leaks are easy to fix with an air compressor, a hose coupling and a piping end cap to fit the coupling, drill in a tire valve or nitto fitting and you can boost leak test your car all day long. - Or find a smoke machine.

Weird stutter is going to be either the induction leak you speak of boost/vac (could check with your fuel trims) or a ****ty coil pack/spark plug (misfire count). Braking hard click's will likely be brake pad not seated properly or the spring clip - I've had that one happen before. None of that seems like that big of a deal. Strip the teeth of a timing belt and bend everything in the head and come have a chat - that's rough.
    Imola '03 A4 1.8TQM

:: Motoza Performance Tuned on e85 :: Frankenturbo F21-L :: 750cc Injectors :: Milltek Exhaust :: ER Sport FMIC :: Sachs Race Engineering DM Clutch Kit ::

8. Default

Yeh i get what u mean.. but at least when u buy a car give u time to get a feel for the car
    . Not like my car where ive been having problems since my first couple weeks.. and being the super perfecto OCD MF that i am im left to pick up the pieces and bring it back to life.. or at least up to par.. at least the next owner will be plz with when im done with this. Hopefully get it fully looking like an s4 minus the engine when im thru..

9. Default

But thanks for the things u mentioned.. i am currently going to boost lesk test it soon.. tstats sorted.. dv replaced with the revised 710n. Also car had the crap n75e installed thats partly why it was so laggy and unresponsive. Replaced it with the n75c version and boost holds fine now on a good day. On a bad day boost gauge reading will weirdly bounce upndown at just b4 0.5bar and constantly hearing shudder noises at low revs especially at 2-3000 rpm. Had a code for cps sensor which im waiting for the part. Only thing left is the vibrations at start up and idle.. when im looking at the motor it isnt moving i can only feel it when sitting in the car.. so appreciate any solutions from.u guys will be greatly appreciated.