Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R8 stolen at gunpoint in Sydney

1. Default

https://www.mustangtech.com.au/mustrack/

If anyone is interested, a friend runs his own tracking site and sells the trackers as well. Link is above as I can't figure out how to embed it lower

If you want to, you can connect the gps unit it up and send sms commands that will send relays (to fuel or ignition) high or low, geofence alarms, movement alerts or record sound from inside the car. We use two of the units and the Aldi SIM is the way to go as it uses the Telstra network
    Chees
    Jacko
    Cheers
    Jacko

A5 Coupe MY09
    Keeping company with a couple of Mustangs

Bangor, Sutherland Shire, Southern Sydney.

Default R8 stolen at gunpoint in Sydney

I can't find an ALDI data pack with a 365 day limit.

I just signed up for a $15/month 1.5GB pre paid and thought that was pretty good.

Any chance of posting a link to the 365 day plan?

Using it for data in the car and the car hotspot for a dashcam.

Don, too early in the morning by the looks of it. Check this out. https://www.aldimobile.com.au/plans/payg/

All you do is buy a recharge and it charges so many cents per MB used. You aren't specifically buying data. I have a ALDI PAYG plan to get Telstra out in the back blocks without dealing with Telstra. Perfect solution.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

4. Default

My best investment. a 40cm samarai sword under my seat..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Default

Ok that sounds stupid from a money investment point of view. But in terms of on the spot defence.. its perfect

Quote Originally Posted by MRCT View Post
    Ok that sounds stupid from a money investment point of view. But in terms of on the spot defence.. its perfect

I can certainly understand that point of view.

However, having seen what happened in the police state that is Australia, (where criminals are protected and the victims charged) to a mate of mine you'd think twice. He's from a country background and thought nothing of keeping a machete in his farm ute. He used it as a threat against some ******** who was having a road rage melt down. Guess who was in more trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Don, too early in the morning by the looks of it. Check this out. https://www.aldimobile.com.au/plans/payg/

All you do is buy a recharge and it charges so many cents per MB used. You aren't specifically buying data. I have a ALDI PAYG plan to get Telstra out in the back blocks without dealing with Telstra. Perfect solution.
    My car generally uses about 400MB of data a month. For dashcam and google earth etc. At 5c per MB it works out cheaper to get a 1.5GB data pack each month.

Thanks mate.

8. Default

Dw i totally understand.. but i would rather side with the dude trying to protect himself.. especially with all the violent crap that happens almost everyday.. its funny how law enforcement punishes the citizen doing the right thing with ridiculous reasoning while the true perp gets a slap on the wrist..

Also guys.. when your in the car.. lock your doors!

Quote Originally Posted by IsDon66 View Post
    My car generally uses about 400MB of data a month. For dashcam and google earth etc. At 5c per MB it works out cheaper to get a 1.5GB data pack each month.

Thanks mate.
    Wow, I don't use any. Dashcam saves to the SD card and both my GPS and phone have off-line maps. Unfortunately, the internet isn't as broadly based throughout Aust as the providers would have you believe so I can only get reliable coverage by bringing it with me. Then again, with the spare you can watch a movie or something.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Wow, I don't use any. Dashcam saves to the SD card and both my GPS and phone have off-line maps. Unfortunately, the internet isn't as broadly based throughout Aust as the providers would have you believe so I can only get reliable coverage by bringing it with me. Then again, with the spare you can watch a movie or something.
    I use google to search for destinations in the car. Add to that the google earth overlay/street view etc the car uses a bit.

The dash cam is a cloud based Blackvue which also saves video to the SD card. But if I wish I can use a smart phone app to download video to the phone or the cloud. That's probably what contributes to the data usage.