Thread: Sepang Blue MY17 8v S3

Default Sepang Blue MY17 8v S3

A little bit about myself I'd like to think I generally have a idea of what and how my cars I'm buying to be built and looks like. With a clear destination it makes modifying it much easier and I generally try not to just modify for the hell of it... as I get older and financial circumstances change I feel with the Audi i'll be going for a much "tamer" build than my last two cars. The MQB platforms eems to be able to extract alot more power for doing less...

I enjoy the occasional spirited drive and track days such as Winton. Love snowboarding, enjoy a 12/18yo single malt and traveling.

A quick summary of my previous cars / builds:
    Nissan 200sx Spec R GT - Custom tune 240rwkw (Turbo / cams / fuel pump / injectors / FMIC / intake / exhaust / Bilstien coilovers / Rays wheels)

MY12.5 MK6 Golf R Panda - GIAC Extreme 200awkw (Intake / Full Exhaust / HPFP / FMIC / Enkei Wheels / Springs / Garage vary carbon kit)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK now to the main event:

Ordered Specs are as follows:

I initially ordered navarra blue without even seeing the paint color etc... After alot of googling and pictures I decided against it, Ara blue for me was on the other end of the blue spectrum personally a tad bit too light / bright for me it was just too flat and in low light conditions and ever since I seen Sepang blue I knew it was one of the must have colors for me... so I bit the bullet and went Audi Exclusive for it... I did toy with the Merlin / velvet purple idea but it might be too out there to resell down the track and very high maintenance to keep it looking shmick.

MY17 8V S3 Sedan | Audi Exclusive Sepang Blue Performance Pack 1 Panoramic Roof Matrix Lights Black Styling Ext Mirror Pkg

Well the day finally came (after 9 months) May 12 2017, it was new car day!

Last edited by morph.; May 19th, 2017 at 12:06 PM.
    MY17 8V II S3 Sedan | Audi Exclusive Sepang Blue S Performance Pack 1 Panoramic Roof Matrix Lights Black Optics Ext Mirror Pkg

2012 Golf R 2002 Silvia 200sx S15

My current plans for the car will be:

Rudimental stuff:

Paint correction with Opticoat Pro Plus - Done
    Tinting - Done

Intake:
    Remove the snowgrate from the airbox - Done
    Temporarily drop in a sport panel filter as the oem filter is just ridiculously restrictive.
    Turbo Muffler Delete
    Inlet Elbow
    When available switch over to the Integrated Engineer intake, I've been asking about the development for the 8v since the Mk7 R is done allegedly our spec cars have slight different fitment and no ETA can be provided yet...

Exhaust:
    Only plan to go a Down Pipe assuming I go Stage 2, with oem CBE as it is more purely for sound and not too restrictive from the performance front.

Handling:
    ED or 035 motorosport Springs.
    Rear swaybar

Wheels:
    Once I wear out the Pirelli P Zeros, I will likely changed to another set of forged wheels...

Braking:
    Pads / Fluid / Braided Lines & slotted rotors

Pretty much the only things I have planed on doing unless a few minor carbon aesthetic things catch my eye...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowgrate Removed:

Paint correction & Opticoat pro+ two coats, wheels, calipers, exhaust tips all coated as well:

The clarity / gloss and flakes are now much better... can't wait to see it in the sun...

Tint done with Madico Charcool 35 film:
    Car looks complete now... suns out guns out!

Last edited by morph.; May 21st, 2017 at 01:48 AM.
    MY17 8V II S3 Sedan | Audi Exclusive Sepang Blue S Performance Pack 1 Panoramic Roof Matrix Lights Black Optics Ext Mirror Pkg

2012 Golf R 2002 Silvia 200sx S15

3. Default

Gt wing looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aerostop:https://twitter.com/wenzhoukadean