Thread: A house for your spare car

Default A house for your spare car

I expect that I'm far from the only one who has more cars than carports. Currently I have one car outside under a car and a hail cover. As it is in use, the fiddle factor in covering and uncovering is a pain. Just found this solution, a car Kubby, which is as painless as you can get. Drive through if needed and light enough (77 Kg) to move around without dismantling. Biggest problem is to work out where to erect it to keep the red backs out.kubby.jpg
    Last edited by IchBautAuto; May 19th, 2017 at 01:03 PM.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Default A house for your spare car

New Zealand?
    Seriously, it's a much better looking option than the traditional car cover. The added benefit of it not flapping and rubbing against the paintwork is an instant winner.
    Last edited by julianwhitta; May 20th, 2017 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by julianwhitta View Post
    New Zealand?
    Seriously, it's a much better looking option than the traditional car cover. The added benefit of it not flapping and rubbing against the paintwork is an instant winner.
    Dealer is in Sydney. Less than 24 Hr from order to receipt. Only thing was the delivery guy said the women drivers wouldn't have taken it as it was too heavy (3 cartons). Said they need to eat their weetbix.

Suits me fine, has all the benefits of being able to shift it around and no planning permission required. I'm considering a small area on the grass out of the way so I'll need to get a tarp underneath to stop the rising damp.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8