Thread: Comfort Control Module - success

1. Default Comfort Control Module - success

Hi All,

Just a post to share my story so perhaps others can do the same if their CCM gets water damaged. I have an a4 B7 and discovered a lot of water in the front passenger footwell. I believe the water was coming from two drain holes under the battery compartment which were packed off with debris. It was obvious the CCM was fried (it had been saturated in water). I ordered a $200 replacement which had the exact same part number from Ebay. Plugged it in and everything is back to normal for now. Except the central locking which I need to sync up. I think there is a simple way to do this without the need for taking it to a dealer, so will search the forum on that. Now i can get back in to my boot so thats good news.

Thanks to rotary snail for a bit of advice. Legend.

Cheers,

2. Default

Is it just the buttons on the key that need to be synchronised if so hold the open button down put key in ignition turn ignition on (don't start the car) then turn ignition off remove key then let go of open button and you'll hear all door locks sync and your done.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A4Mike For This Useful Post:

(((sonic))) (May 21st, 2017)

4. Default

Thanks Mike, I will give it a go.

Also turns out its still a bit wet near the footwell. Im not sure where the water is in coming from.

Cheers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to slineb7 For This Useful Post:

(((sonic))) (May 21st, 2017)

6. Default

No problem, and you better find the leak before it cost you another unit.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A4Mike For This Useful Post:

slineb7 (May 21st, 2017)