Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B5 rs4

Thanks mate! Yep she's been absolutely babied. Joseph sold it in immaculate condition many years back and the old man has invested in maintenance (a few leather bits here and there and the dash etc.).

I took her for a little run yesterday (stepping out of a modified supercharged Rangey sport which is no Nismo GTR but is sure isn't slow) and on boost it is LOL fast. In comparison to the instant pace of the supercharger, I was thinking "oh this isn't as quick as I remem- HOLY S*&T" then began a proper gut laugh.

Was on a reasonably quiet road so wasn't able to push much past 60 but boy i got there quick hahahha.

I've spent the morning strategising getting rid of one of my three cars to fit in her in the third garage at home hahaha.

I can't imagine how much pace yours has!

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    The interior looks new! I thought all the cars that came to Australia were half and half, not full leather. Nice example! GLWS.

I have the same problem, too many cars, not enough space. good luck with the sale, I'd love one of these...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    The interior looks new! I thought all the cars that came to Australia were half and half, not full leather. Nice example! GLWS.
    I agree, I also thought (from experience) the interior came with half leather/half alcantara including the steering wheel which was full alcantara.

Though whilst I really like the alcantara TBH the full leather would wear/last much longer! My steering wheel is certainly not as nice as it used to be

Anyway, I will be watching with interest... It is a bit of money for such an old car but not for a car that is so rare and in original condition.

I think you are looking at 11 Avus Silver Australia wide and world wide production I believe was around 4000 which is a lot less than the 10,000+ for the newer RS models.

As you know these cars can also still keep up with more modern variants (let alone with a tune) which is remarkable for a near 20 year old car, and arguably they have more presence.

I went out in my stock b5 (except for suspension mods) with a bunch of late model S3s and Golf Rs and was able to keep up and even push them a little in the twisties and I am sure some of them are tuned. There was also a new Ford Focus RS which seemed surprisingly slow on acceleration but maybe he was still running it in.

Though I am convinced my HRE forged alloys are making a big difference with acceleration as the old gal seemed a bit quicker than last time.

The OEM b5 alloys are a bit of a limitation and are awfully heavy (I weighed approx 2kg heavier per corner) but do have a lot of nostalgia.

Otherwise it sounds like your old man's b5 has everything else done. I know Joseph was very particular with his cars and was wanting to get back into a good example only a year or so ago but couldn't find a suitable one for sale. In fact its not unusual for past owners to come back to the b5 after owning b7s and b8s and other models.

I think these two recent great videos are a must look if you are interested in buying and haven't seen them before:

https://youtu.be/p3tdmi6KDJg

https://youtu.be/-nb1O9xyABQ

Anyway, someone better buy it quick before your old man changes his mind again!

GLWS!
    Last edited by don; April 2nd, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    I agree, I also thought (from experience) the interior came with half leather/half alcantara including the steering wheel which was full alcantara.

Though whilst I really like the alcantara TBH the full leather would wear/last much longer! My steering wheel is certainly not as nice as it used to be

Anyway, I will be watching with interest... It is a bit of money for such an old car but not for a car that is so rare and in original condition.

I think you are looking at 11 Avus Silver Australia wide and world wide production I believe was around 4000 which is a lot less than the 10,000+ for the newer RS models.

As you know these cars can also still keep up with more modern variants (let alone with a tune) which is remarkable for a near 20 year old car, and arguably they have more presence.

I went out in my stock b5 (except for suspension mods) with a bunch of late model S3s and Golf Rs and was able to keep up and even push them a little in the twisties and I am sure some of them are tuned.

Though I am convinced my HRE forged alloys are making a big difference with acceleration as the old gal seemed a bit quicker than last time.

The OEM b5 alloys are a bit of a limitation and are awfully heavy (I weighed approx 2kg heavier per corner) but do have a lot of nostalgia.

Otherwise it sounds like your old man's b5 has everything else done. I know Joseph was very particular with his cars and was wanting to get back into a good example only a year or so ago but couldn't find a suitable one for sale. In fact its not unusual for past owners to come back to the b5 after owning b7s and b8s and other models.

I think these two recent great videos are a must look if you are interested in buying and haven't seen them before:

https://youtu.be/p3tdmi6KDJg

https://youtu.be/-nb1O9xyABQ

Anyway, someone better buy it quick before your old man changes his mind again!

GLWS!
    Just to tidy this up, the black Aust spec cars came with Alcantara trim and the Avus NZ spec cars re-directed to Aust that I've seen came with full black leather. Alcantara has it's limitations as time passes, not a lot that you can do either. I've over trimmed my wheel in perforated leather to preserve the Alcantara. World production of the B5 RS4 was about 6,031. Got the exact figures around but that's very close.

The B5 is a much better looking car in my mind. The videos say it all for me. Picked up a swag of HD stills from the guy that made those videos. Stunning stuff on a HD screen. Did a 300 KM drive yesterday out back of Young and surrounds. Wouldn't have wanted to be in anything else. Certainly wouldn't knock back a drive in a Porsche or Lambo, but with these you get to drive under the radar as 90 odd % wouldn't have a clue what they are. All that needs to happen now is marry the right buyer with the right car.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Blog Entries

great videos. Amazing to see the lurching of the RS4 when the gears changed...

6. Default

The B5 looks so handsome, like real man where newer rs4 is like Justin Bieber !
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

Full leather was an option, Graze’s old b5 had this too. Epic cars
    Now - 2016 Golf R - Thinks he's an S3
    Then - 02 Golf Gti, 99 S4 Stage 1, 00 S4 Stage 3, 01 RS4 Stage 2, 77 Fox, 75 Fox, 87 200 Tq Stage 1, 82 coupe GT, 87 90 Quattro

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Just to tidy this up, the black Aust spec cars came with Alcantara trim and the Avus NZ spec cars re-directed to Aust that I've seen came with full black leather. Alcantara has it's limitations as time passes, not a lot that you can do either. I've over trimmed my wheel in perforated leather to preserve the Alcantara. World production of the B5 RS4 was about 6,031. Got the exact figures around but that's very close.

The B5 is a much better looking car in my mind. The videos say it all for me. Picked up a swag of HD stills from the guy that made those videos. Stunning stuff on a HD screen. Did a 300 KM drive yesterday out back of Young and surrounds. Wouldn't have wanted to be in anything else. Certainly wouldn't knock back a drive in a Porsche or Lambo, but with these you get to drive under the radar as 90 odd % wouldn't have a clue what they are. All that needs to happen now is marry the right buyer with the right car.
    There is a set of keys to a twin turbo p car if moons are aligned and reckon that would change your mind. Had a bit of a cruise near your old stopping ground, eg car show (112 cars on show- two audi's only) at Flinders last week and for a same vintage car to the b5 rs4, with nothing done to it (15 year old rubber factory bits) just point and shoot. Change the rubbers bits, coilovers and bits for more and camber and chuck on some 350m 6 pots up front and keen to see whee that takes it eg another level again. ps who needs fb when you get qualitythreads like in the link. mine is the silver one 4 pics after the drone shot next to the martini and a black 996 Carrera. reckon next year show the RS4 as I reckon they will get 200 plus cars on show

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/130...sunday/?page=4
    Last edited by smit2100; April 8th, 2018 at 03:13 AM.

Tony, your mail box is full
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Bump! Massive price drop to offers over 50k! Obviously at 59,999 it is overpriced based on the level of interest received.

Let us know if you want to do something!
    Last edited by S4Wagon; October 5th, 2018 at 03:15 PM.