Thread: 2017 TTRS Test Drive

Cool 2017 TTRS Test Drive

My other half and I took the new RS3 sedan and the TTRS (press car apparently) for a spin on the weekend. I have always wanted a TTRS and the car lived up to my good expectations and even dispelled any negative ones.... except price! Note that I am talking about list price not what I think we could get the car for with the right negotiation. $165k drive away was the list price for the version that we drove.
    The interior feels special, the car looks amazing, the drive is exceptional. 0-100km runs were as quick as I had read about and the way it reached 100km just felt nicer, better, more planted way than how my S3 reaches it.
    All up love it, want it but don't need it for $165k, at least not this month
    Apologies for the Phone pics!
    TTRS1.jpgTTRS2.jpgTTRS3.jpgTTRS4.jpg
    8V S3 Sportsback|Misano Red|Performance Pack|Parade Red Interior|JB1

Certainly makes the RS3 look like a bargain!

Don't know how they justify the price differential but I think there will have to be some significant discounts offered to move the TTRS given the price point of the RS3.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Korny (July 8th, 2017)

4. Default

wow 165k, thats a lot more than the online da calculator.

5. Default

Agree Alister, I think the RS3 is a bargain in comparison.

GB

IMG_5663.jpgJust realised I hadn't posted the spec sheet.... I am sure you can get it down 10-15% in price if you have the right sales person. It really was an amazing drive �� For me to consider it, it would have to come in under $140k drive away I think. So many cars in the $165k range.... makes is a tempting cross shop with a very well spec'ed 2015 Cayman GTS or similar kind of car.
    The RS3 for 100k would be a sensible option!
    8V S3 Sportsback|Misano Red|Performance Pack|Parade Red Interior|JB1

7. Default

i agree it wont sell well. the r8 wheel is nice though.. but otherwise rs3 is the sensible option

is the rrp on your spec sheet 151? thought it was 139.
    Last edited by scheps; July 9th, 2017 at 12:51 AM.