Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New ride

Also keen to see some more photos!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hsjyes can you confirm if the B9 S5 has launch control?
    Can't recall seeing this when i test drove the car though the dealer at the time stated it does however from my research on the web and various Audi forums there is no outright straight answer due to the triptronic box being used.
    On Order - MY17 S5 Coupe, Daytona Grey, Technik Pack, Sunroof, Quattro Sport Diff, Phone Box

MY10 A5 2t Quattro Stronic Coupe, S Line Package, Quartz Grey
    Drive Select with Adaptive Dampers, Parking System Advance, Memory Electric Seats, B&0, Sat Nav Package & AMI, 19" RS6 OEM Alloys, Storage Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitoring

MY 04.5 A4 S Line Quattro Sedan, Silver, 6 Speed - SOLD Oct 2016.

I think the answer is NO because it uses the ZF 8 speed (an awesome gearbox IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    I think the answer is NO because it uses the ZF 8 speed (an awesome gearbox IMO).
    Alister I found the following quote regarding launch control on Audi Forum... " Transmission in Sport, ADS in dynamic, ECS in sport mode. Left foot on the brake, right foot pushes the accelerator to the floor. The car should hold revs at about 3K which is the stall speed on the ZF torque converter. Release the brake and unleash the fury."
    Is this not launch control?
    Link to the relative thread:
    https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/2018-audi-rs5-launch-control-video-2923614/
    On Order - MY17 S5 Coupe, Daytona Grey, Technik Pack, Sunroof, Quattro Sport Diff, Phone Box

Drive Select with Adaptive Dampers, Parking System Advance, Memory Electric Seats, B&0, Sat Nav Package & AMI, 19" RS6 OEM Alloys, Storage Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitoring

Technically not launch control, no. Just stalling up what is essentially a conventional torque converter auto gearbox. End result is not that dissimilar, but launch control will usually see the revs held higher and the clutch 'dropped' for a launch.

Thought the same though wasn't sure.
    Thanks for your reply Alister

7. Default

The manual refers to it as Launch Control, and the process for activating it is as convoluted as in any other RS.

As Alister pointed out though, it's a bit of electronic trickery to balance the brakes against the torque converter being stalled up with the engine held at a predetermined RPM. The effect is more aggressive than a normal 'foot to floor' launch, but not as aggressive as a clutch-dump launch in a manual or DSG.

In the sense that it propels the car to 100kph quicker than a 'normal' start I would argue however that it fulfils the definition of Launch Control.

IMG_6579.jpg