Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thoughts on the new rs5?

1. Default

Saw one in the flesh the other day.
    In no way looks as intimidating as the model it replaces
    Just dosnt have that road presence
    Car was white, perhaps other colours will present a little better

2. Default

Still think the gen1 looks best exterior wise.

3. Default

I was fortunate to take one on a skid pan yesterday and around Phillip Island race track via the Audi RS Sports drivers experience.

I was actually able to shave a whole second off my motokhana time compared to the RS3 which surprised me.

The suspension is quite soft and had some body roll along the sweepers.

interior is nice and it doesn't feel as big in the drivers seat as it does standing outside.

Has plenty of torque and that's what stood out the most.

I have never driven the last series, so cant compare but the steering was not as direct as the RS3 / TTRS when we did back to back laps.

The added luxury feels of the interior Vs RS3 was very noticeable, but what you expect at 50% more $$$
    Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+

TomCat TC600 Hybrid | E-Tuner Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart EM Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Michelin PS4S | Rays Forged ZE40's | DBA 5000 & Ferodo DS2500 | Flow Design lip

357kw / 690Nm @ Wheels

1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH