Thread: RS3 Squeaking Brakes. How, exactly, was YOURS fixed?

Default RS3 Squeaking Brakes. How, exactly, was YOURS fixed?

There has been lots of talk on the forum about the RS3 "factual" issue of squeaking brakes. There's also been all sorts of comments, and some "waffle", regarding "fixes",...dealers measuring the "tone" of the squeal, various forms & editions of dampers, & some "fixes" that turned out to never "fix" anything after a couple of weeks/further use, etc etc etc. Lots of different scenarios.
    So, What I want to know is, if YOUR "squeal" has totally GONE, then please tell me what the Dealer did to make YOUR annoying problem go away,...permanently.
    If you don't know, please don't reply, but if you really do know the specific details of what YOUR Dealer did for YOUR RS3, then please advise, it will be helpful to me & other driver/owners who have the issue.
    Also, if there is a Audi "service reference" number to this issue, please advise.
    Pickles.
    Last edited by Pickles; July 14th, 2017 at 02:57 PM.

I took mine to the dealer (Morington), they captured the squeal on their phone and a week later i had new dampeners (weights) ready to be installed (i drove the car in-between).

Car had 4,000km's on it at the time.

That was 6-8 weeks ago and not one squeal since :)

There is a TPI # 204568514 someone else published (my dealer was aware of the problem as I was not the first to have it done)
    MY16 Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 4+

Forged Engine | TTE625 w/ Turbosmart WG | E-Tuner Motorsport ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | SAR Downpipe | Milltek Decats | SAR 4" Intake | Forge Turbo Inlet | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | SRM LPFP & Controller | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart EM Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Michelin Cup 2's | Rays Forged ZE40's | DBA 5000 & Ferodo DS2500 | Flow Design lip | Innovate ECB-1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

WORX-S3 (July 14th, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    I took mine to the dealer (Morington), they captured the squeal on their phone and a week later i had new dampeners (weights) ready to be installed (i drove the car in-between).

Car had 4,000km's on it at the time.

That was 6-8 weeks ago and not one squeal since :)

There is a TPI # 204568514 someone else published (my dealer was aware of the problem as I was not the first to have it done)
    Thanks Nath, that's exactly the sort of info I was looking for, which will be of assistance to me when I approach our Dealer.
    Thank You, Pickles.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pickles For This Useful Post:

WORX-S3 (July 14th, 2017)

All the best Martin - it was a straight forward process, surprisingly :)
    MY16 Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 4+

Forged Engine | TTE625 w/ Turbosmart WG | E-Tuner Motorsport ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | SAR Downpipe | Milltek Decats | SAR 4" Intake | Forge Turbo Inlet | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | SRM LPFP & Controller | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart EM Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Michelin Cup 2's | Rays Forged ZE40's | DBA 5000 & Ferodo DS2500 | Flow Design lip | Innovate ECB-1

Thanks Nath :), had mine in the workshop, covered under warranty, they asked me to come back as the dealer ordered the parts.

Can I ask... what’s a “TPI#” ?

Quote Originally Posted by cavebob View Post
    Can I ask... what’s a “TPI#” ?
    Technical Product Information aka Technical Service Bulletin

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

cavebob (October 27th, 2017), Muckman (October 28th, 2017)