Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: C5 RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by ginkgo View Post
    Thanks IchBautAuto
    I am looking for a replacement for my Bosch S3+ in my C5 Allroad 2.5TDI. I am getting a lot of somewhat conflicting information about flooded cell vs AGM/EFB batteries re stop/start, deep cycle resistance, durability, CCA etc.
    In general, I have found that expert and battery websites favour AGM, and the experience of respected peers favour flooded cell for my car.
    What I want for my allroad is a battery that says "start-ya-bastard" to my diesel on a cold morning and can handle the air compressor and luxury electonic systems.
    I think I will go for a flooded cell battery.
    Do you have any suggestions about brand/model, otherwise I will go with the NRMA branded delivered to the door.
    Regards, ginkgo
    Pete,

Sent you a PM with comments. You might be on the wrong thread here, but hey, it's a C5.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

ginkgo (April 6th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregstv View Post
    Painted the wheels in a carbon grey.

Attachment 29275
    These look great mate! I've been toying with blacken/greying my wheels also... but APR stage 1 keeps calling. Unfortunately both the ECU & TCU for our cars have to be sent to crazytown (USA) so a month out of action for the RS6 is not something I look forward to.

4. Default

I ordered the TCU chip from MTM. Car is only done while I fit the chip.
    Lots of places can do a tune from what I am told. I be taking mine to someone that can do a custom tune on the dyno if possible.

5. Default

Ordered some parts from ECS in the states. Total came to $1300au. It's been quarantined until I pay $270 import tax and clearance. What a rip off. I expected about 10% but not close to 30%. Next time separate orders. Two lots of shipping in much cheaper.

Blog Entries

use a company like myus.... much cheaper for shipping..

Quote Originally Posted by Gregstv View Post
    Ordered some parts from ECS in the states. Total came to $1300au. It's been quarantined until I pay $270 import tax and clearance. What a rip off. I expected about 10% but not close to 30%. Next time separate orders. Two lots of shipping in much cheaper.
    Same story for all of us. You can try the two order trick and sometimes the shipping price per order is more than the half you might be expecting. Soon you'll add GST to many orders as well. Look back over many posts on this subject and you'll find a few ideas that people have, some work, some don't and that's before the rules change. Some shippers are right down the line and some are a bit flexible on when they should apply the charges. Any shipper that is caught not charging the tax is in for a jump so no matter who you use, cross the threshold and you should be expecting to pay up.

I was a big fan of OS orders until a few years ago when the shipping went through the roof and the spectre of tax changes appeared. I am finding that in an increasing number of cases, I can get the same parts locally for the same or less than the landed cost from OS. Sad to say, you have two options for this order, pay up or refuse and it'll be returned to sender. Whether you get any refund is another matter altogether. I was a big ECS customer too, but now look around a lot more as they aren't the best source for a lot of parts anymore.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

8. Default

The new lower control arm kit turned up and the forward arms don't have the big flat washers where they mount into the chassis. Before I remove the old ones does anyone know if I can swapthem from old to new?

I just had a quick look and only the Meyle arms show washers on the ECS site. The OE arms do not have washers shown or any other brand that I saw. Why not measure up and see what the dimensions are.

10. Default

I wanted to remove the arm and compare. As usual with these Audi's something has to go wrong. The bush insert for the ball joint is moving out with the ball joint. When this happens you cant remove the control arm. I just grabbed a different ball joint remover and hoping it ill hold the bush in place and pop the ball joint.

11. Default

Ordered the correct front Control arms for the RS6. Selling the ones that dont have the large washer bush. These are new Density line from ECS. Let me know if your interested in them.
    They will fit according to ESC,
    B5 - S4
    C5 - A6
    C5 - S6
    IMG20180602154329.jpg