Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1116

Thread: Facelift RS3 Sedan / Sportback Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    We've had a similar noise from the front end reversing out of our driveway on right hand down lock, and in other slow situations when going up a kerb slowky on lock.
    Went to dealer, couldn't replicate noise, well we did slightly, dealer said normal, others have said all part of quattro MRC etc, some have said caused by dry front sway bar bushes.
    It's not changed since new, never has any issues driving in any conditions, at speed etc. Not a problem under acceleration, braking, cornering etc etc, just that very slow speed issue I've described...reversing or going slowly up a kerb etc on lock!
    Consequently, I think it's just part of the car's driveline characteristics.
    Pickles.
    Thanks Pickle

I don't have Magnetic ride, so not sure if it is an issue with non-MRC suspension.

Before I changed the springs the noise wasn't there, only after installing the springs. Have friends that have had the same Eihbach springs or H&R springs installed on their RS3's without any issues. Hence my concerns with the noise.

Hopefully it goes away like TTRS3's experience.

Last edited by AMR; October 11th, 2018 at 07:04 PM.
    ​RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | RS Performance Package 4 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss Package | Matrix LED | Panoramic Sunroof | Rear Privacy Glass | Carbon Fibre Engine Cover | Carbon Ceramic Brakes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AMR For This Useful Post:

beanoyip (October 12th, 2018)

Very nice! where did you go for OZ wheels?
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Quote Originally Posted by beanoyip View Post
    Very nice! where did you go for OZ wheels?
    MK Motorsports in Melbourne. http://mkmotorsports.com.au

Micky Kapoor.
    ​RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | RS Performance Package 4 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss Package | Matrix LED | Panoramic Sunroof | Rear Privacy Glass | Carbon Fibre Engine Cover | Carbon Ceramic Brakes

Just noticed my belly pan was drooping about 4 inches at the rear.

Upon inspection it looks like the three bolts at the rear which hold it on are completely missing. Onnly atteched with the front screws.

Audi Central Coast is going to get an angry phone call from me tomorrow. Clearly they completely forgot to bolt them in again. Painfully obvious that's what has happened at my last service. Those missing bolts are big ones too.
    ------------------------------------

RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Michelin PS4S 245/35 Square

Ridiculous, paying premium for this sort of service..
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Did Unitronic Stage 1+ yesterday...

Very happy!

Car power delivery is smoother. There is a ton more torque and top end power too. 3rd gear feels like what 2nd gear used to. Extremely OEM in feel and quite tame until you get on the gas then its rocket ship time. Just the way I think it should be.

Next up, intercooler, downpipe, air intake, then stage 2.

Also, moved to Michelin PS4S 245/35 square setup (still with staggered rim sizes). Much better ride. Turns out the alignment was pretty well off with the Pirelli's, the shoulder was pretty much bald, so thats sorted now hopefully I get much more than 13,000km's from these... TC is still a bit hypo, especially with all this extra power from the tune, but its already better than it used to be on the Pirelli's, I was having TC come on every time I got on it with those.

RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Michelin PS4S 245/35 Square

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Javbomb For This Useful Post:

beanoyip (November 11th, 2018), Seanix (November 10th, 2018)

I’ve been told that changing the tyres to a square setup it causes the TC to go weird and the car eventually going into Limp mode.

I guess you’re not not having those problems?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to imashy14u For This Useful Post:

Korny (November 10th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by imashy14u View Post
    Iíve been told that changing the tyres to a square setup it causes the TC to go weird and the car eventually going into Limp mode.

I guess youíre not not having those problems?
    TC was a bit more active with the staggered Pirellis actually. I have been commenting on hyperactive TC since month 1 of ownership. You can search this thread for TC been mentioned many times. The stock staggered tires have a rolling diameter difference of approaching 3% which is madness, I don't know why they did that. According to the axles the front was rotating faster than the rears were always.

Square setup is now essentially zero rolling difference between the front and rear. So I don't get how people can claim it presents any TC issues.

I'll keep an eye on it though but so far I'm actually not seeing too much difference. See how I go.

I still think in general the TC system is way over active no matter which tires are on the car.

As far as Limp mode I can't imagine that would ever happen...
    Last edited by Javbomb; November 10th, 2018 at 09:48 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Javbomb For This Useful Post:

imashy14u (November 10th, 2018), Korny (November 10th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Javbomb View Post
    TC was a bit more active with the staggered Pirellis actually. I have been commenting on hyperactive TC since month 1 of ownership. You can search this thread for TC been mentioned many times. The stock staggered tires have a rolling diameter difference of approaching 3% which is madness, I don't know why they did that. According to the axles the front was rotating faster than the rears were always.

Square setup is now essentially zero rolling difference between the front and rear. So I don't get how people can claim it presents any TC issues.

I'll keep an eye on it though but so far I'm actually not seeing too much difference. See how I go.

I still think in general the TC system is way over active no matter which tires are on the car.

As far as Limp mode I can't imagine that would ever happen...
    Iíve had zero issues after reversing the reverse stagger. 255 to the rears, etc...

AUDI RS3 SEDAN (MY18)
    - Catalunya Red w/Black Optics + Perf Pack 2
    - Evotech TCU & ECU custom tune (stage 2)
    - Integrated Engineering Carbon Fibre air intake
    - Hypertune FMIC & crashbar
    - Iroz Motorsports Downpipe & midpipes
    - Iroz Motorsports DSG catchcan
    - Turbosmart BOV
    - H&R Height adjustable springs + spacers + rear sway bar
    - Ceramic Pro treatment
    - P3 Cars gauge + Dragy GPS