Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: RS3 Brakes - Options, Decisions and Install w/ pics

1. Default

Hi Silverssthree,

I am thinking about taking the DBA route too. I am interested in how you find your setup now that you've been driving around with it for a few months. I appreciate any feedback that you might have.

Cheers!

2. Default

Are Beaurepaires any good for brakes? If not does anyone have a recommendation for someone near Hawthorn, Melbourne?

Just had service and need to replace front brakes and tyres. I will be going dba & redstuff. Also MPS4 for tyres. I've done 20,000 Km.

Do you know if the DBA brakes require how many pads on each side? is it 4 or 8?
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

4. Default

Hi dtvoss,
    ive done about 3k since changing. Haven’t looked in for a while so apologies. Pros would be;
    1 Cost. Obviously.
    2 item appeared to be of higher quality than OEM. I’m no engineer so I can’t offer advice on efficacy compared to OEM but I’d say both the rotors and pads are better in my every day use. I’d bet they are better on the autobahn, but that is moot.
    3 no squealing
    4 the pads and rotors have worn in beautifully. No scores no ridges, which was an issue on the originals.

Cons;
    1. A low rumble noise especially when cold. It’s a bit of a pisser.

Interested In the slots v drilled. Easier change (hats are reusable)with dba by the sound of it.

Im happy but would be chuffed if the rumble works out.
    Good luck.

5. Default

Another pro would be reduced dusting on the wheels. Your question gave me pause for thought so I did a couple of gentle / normal braking and hard braking tests. It's certainly better (noise wise) with miles on the clock. I'd say it is a noise I don't remember from OEM, but the squealing might have coloured the actual facts. Passengers don't pick it now though; at either either end of the spectrum I get the noise mentioned by others with the window down passing hard objects. It's a whirring sound. The squealing is gone now, I'd say it's a win.

Ive found the sunroof rattle and the exhaust rattle. My front near side headlight fogs up in humid conditions. Audi say it's normal. But I'm soft.

I get a rear driveline drone under light load that has moved down from 90/100 to 50/60kph. I have played around with tyre pressures on the rear and suspect a connection with pressure and tyre type. Audi say it's normal. I'm still soft.

I replaced the pzeros with MPS4's (not really sure that is the exact name, but the fours are Defo the item). I think they are noisier than the pzeros (as per above), but they have now done 24k km. Double the Pirelli ones (for me). They look like they have another 10k in them. The Pirelli shoulders seemed to go really quickly. I will say the Pirelli's felt ok on the drive day Audi do, but inner city Brisbane doesn't ask the michelins the same questions.

Good luck.

6. Default

I'm not having a lot of luck here.

I tried JAX tyres and Beaurepaires in Hawthorn. Neither got back to me with a quote on anything, neither thought DBA was a good idea.

RM autohaus in Richmond did get back to me. The guy claims there are no aftermarket rotors of any brand for the RS3, because it's too new. He can only supply and fit OEM rotors and pads for ..... $3512. Which is exactly what audi are quoting.

Does anyone in Melbourne know a place that can source and fit something other than OEM? If not source, then at least fit?

Quote Originally Posted by redknob View Post
    I'm not having a lot of luck here.

I tried JAX tyres and Beaurepaires in Hawthorn. Neither got back to me with a quote on anything, neither thought DBA was a good idea.

RM autohaus in Richmond did get back to me. The guy claims there are no aftermarket rotors of any brand for the RS3, because it's too new. He can only supply and fit OEM rotors and pads for ..... $3512. Which is exactly what audi are quoting.

Does anyone in Melbourne know a place that can source and fit something other than OEM? If not source, then at least fit?
    Try contacting peerless automotive?
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beanoyip For This Useful Post:

redknob (January 8th, 2019)

9. Default

Thanks beanoyip. Will see how I go with them.

Blog Entries

Try the guys at faststuff

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

redknob (January 10th, 2019)

12. Default

Guys, a member on this forum has a set of Audi OEM RSQ3 Front and Rear Rotors. Anyone know if they’d fit the RS3?

These here:
    https://www.killerbrakes.com/product...8u0-615-301-b/
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015