Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne RS3 owners

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza2020 View Post
    Found the three of them, Joecool.
    Unfortunately they said they do not offer a UniTronic tune for the 2016 RS3 (only FL 2017 on).
    Back to drawing board.
    Where in Melbourne are you? I had my 2015 S3 stage 1 ECU and TCU tuned by Underground Performance in Moorabbin. Alex and the boys are very good. Plus the tune is custom, so it's a little more gentle on the engine. I expect to get my RS3 done soon after it arrives. Plus it's pretty affordable too.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza2020 View Post
    Unfortunately they said they do not offer a UniTronic tune for the 2016 RS3 (only FL 2017 on).
    Back to drawing board.
    Ah right, guessing they only did it for the 2017 onwards as I think it was the only version (sedan only) the US received.

Stay away from Custom Code tune, not very good, thatís a brand name, others do custom tunes branded differently, donít know anything about those.
    There are some euro tunes like revo that are also well tested and trusted but potentially dearer, Iíd stick with something you can still self tune via cable and software download if possible. Saves costs later if you ever need to switch back To stock or update.

3. Default

Hi guys,

Reigniting this thread. Recently just got myself a 2018 RS3. Coming from a 2018 S3, I can really tell the difference!

However, one thing that disappoints me is the lack of pops and bangs compared to my S3 which had a resonator delete. My S3 would pop and bang really loud when I manual shift from 3 to 2 to 1 but the RS3 only seems to do it when I am in automatic mode but in dynamic mode if you get what I mean haha.

The sound from the RS3 though sounds 'nicer' than the S3. So far so happy with the upgrade but like I mentioned, only disappointment is you cannot 'force' those pops and bangs!

Quote Originally Posted by newiy View Post
    Hi guys,

Reigniting this thread. Recently just got myself a 2018 RS3. Coming from a 2018 S3, I can really tell the difference!

However, one thing that disappoints me is the lack of pops and bangs compared to my S3 which had a resonator delete. My S3 would pop and bang really loud when I manual shift from 3 to 2 to 1 but the RS3 only seems to do it when I am in automatic mode but in dynamic mode if you get what I mean haha.

The sound from the RS3 though sounds 'nicer' than the S3. So far so happy with the upgrade but like I mentioned, only disappointment is you cannot 'force' those pops and bangs!
    You're right about it, the pops are random and up till this date I haven't been able to achieve it manually..

A tune can probably fix that.
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Hi guys,

Open flaps mod using a valve controller will bring some of that pops and bangs to life....

Worked for me when car was new and in stock form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...

6. Default

Hi guys,

I think the unitronic tunes open up the flaps fully when in sport/dynamic and also they have programmed the pops / bangs on over run.... Iíll be getting the tune done soon

7. Default

Who is keen on doing a bit of a cruise with the RS3s once we are out of these Level 4 restrictions?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BI33 For This Useful Post:

jaydece (October 11th, 2020), RaMoNsTeR (October 12th, 2020)

I think there will be plenty on here and the faceboook group wanting to catch up for a drive
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BI33 View Post
    Who is keen on doing a bit of a cruise with the RS3s once we are out of these Level 4 restrictions?
    I am keen on this!

been driving only in the city and I can barely go past third gear, in fact I really have to whack the paddle to hit third gear before the next light, sucks on economy though.

Quote Originally Posted by BI33 View Post
    I think the unitronic tunes open up the flaps fully when in sport/dynamic and also they have programmed the pops / bangs on over run.... Iíll be getting the tune done soon
    Please do so and update us so that we can consider this as well! haha

Quote Originally Posted by jaydece View Post
    Open flaps mod using a valve controller will bring some of that pops and bangs to life....

Worked for me when car was new and in stock form.

Thanks for this Jaydece! was wondering if unplugging the exhaust valves would achieve that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by beanoyip View Post
    You're right about it, the pops are random and up till this date I haven't been able to achieve it manually..

A tune can probably fix that.

yeah but the sound still sounds amazing, well I might actually look to unplug the valves to keep them permanently open like what I did for my previous S3, not sure if it would help with the pops and bangs haha.

Hopefully the valve plugs will work on your car ...late 2018+ onwards the plugs no longer work, Iím sure i read it here somewhere?

If they do work enjoy the loud cold starts, your neighbours will love you for it ....... + 24/7 waste-gate rattle being more pronounced as valves always open.

This is why I went the valve controller route, best of both worlds.

Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...