Thread: A6 4f audio options? 2004 model.

Default A6 4f audio options? 2004 model.

Hi all, what are the options for getting the following.

1. IPhone access for music, prefer hard wired, but bluetooth would be useful as well. I have seen the enfig videos and do not like the idea of pulling the console apart as I don't want rattles and thats inevitable if I start doing that.

2. Options for upgrading the amp, speakers and adding a small sub. I see the jbl ms8 is discontinued. Any other all in one units?

Thanks.

You can retrofit an Audi Music Interface. Mounts in the glovebox next to (or in the place of) the CD changer.

On an early car like yours, the MMI 2G system will require a firmware update to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    You can retrofit an Audi Music Interface. Mounts in the glovebox next to (or in the place of) the CD changer.

On an early car like yours, the MMI 2G system will require a firmware update to support it.
    Can you give us more info on this please bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY07 A6 4F TDI 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by hrb93 View Post
    Hi all, what are the options for getting the following.

1. IPhone access for music, prefer hard wired, but bluetooth would be useful as well. I have seen the enfig videos and do not like the idea of pulling the console apart as I don't want rattles and thats inevitable if I start doing that.

You can get piggy back devices that hook up to the factory head units instead of replacing the whole head unit. What head unit do you have installed?
    APR

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbarrow View Post
    Can you give us more info on this please bud?
    What do you want to know specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    What do you want to know specifically?
    Well, Iíve been reading about some Bluetooth streaming devices that connect to AMI interface in some Audiís. Seems to be only those fitted with the 2G High though? I donít care really where it connects.. I never use CD these days, so if it requires pulling out the CD stacker, not a problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY07 A6 4F TDI 3.0

I recently installed an eBay Bluetooth unit into my B5 S4 with Bose system. No wires need to be cut as it replaces the CD stacker input. Connects to the Bluetooth very easily and has a USB option too. Around $80-$90 AUD shipped. Check that the photos they have on eBay match your unit and get some radio removal pins to remove the factory unit

It's the OEM system in the MY07 A6 4F.

I jacked into the system by using one of the spare video lines in the boot. You can then use a 3.5mm stereo plug or RCA into it. From the control side, you just select video in MMI and then let your iphone do the controlling. Saved me having to add an interface like a DICE or a genuine AMI to break into the system. This is in my 4F. In my C5 I just added a quick and dirty bluetooth + audio interface through an ISO cable.
    Last edited by broke90; February 27th, 2019 at 05:20 PM.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    2005 A6 C6 Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6