Thread: RWD A6 on Gumtree

1. Default RWD A6 on Gumtree

Check this weirdness out. It's got a 2"sh**ty"3 in it!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/quea...-a6/1169847904

Wow - finally get to use this smilie!!

Why oh why oh why??
    Chuck an Audi V8 in it!! 3.7 is more powerful than that boat anchor!@
    Marty

---
    Current:
    2001 S8 - 19" x 9" C5 RS6 rims, Solar Sunroof, heated leather front and rear seats, tinted side and rear glass, RNS-D, XCarlink, Bose, clunky old phone in arm rest...
    2002 S8 - 18" RS4 reps (for now), Solar Sunroof, 'Sports' mode shifter... Engine dropped valve on PO - work in progress...

Gone but not forgotten:
    ​1997 A4 Quattro V6 Manual "Hamilton's Club Sport"

I’m guessing someone got given a car and had an engine lying around.
    Despite their best efforts to tell us otherwise, the only cool thing about that car is the chassis that they’ve screwed up!
    The drivetrain change is not cool
    MY13 4L Q7 3.0 TDi Quattro
    2005 B7 A4 1.8T BFB

Original coolant bottle. Neat!

I love how the ad says "May swap for something close to the coolness of this". Why give up something so cool for something a bit less cool?

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    2005 A6 C6 Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6

what.the.absolute.f*@k?!??!

Car makes me cry but queanbayen sounds like an exotic place :P

I don't know what vehicle engineering laws are like in our nation's capital, but getting a roadworthy for that in Victoria would be an Engineering nightmare!

On a brighter note, the new owner could join Tony and the Canberra group for coffee and cake, then go off on a Holden cruise later in the day
    Marty

---
    Current:
    2001 S8 - 19" x 9" C5 RS6 rims, Solar Sunroof, heated leather front and rear seats, tinted side and rear glass, RNS-D, XCarlink, Bose, clunky old phone in arm rest...
    2002 S8 - 18" RS4 reps (for now), Solar Sunroof, 'Sports' mode shifter... Engine dropped valve on PO - work in progress...

Gone but not forgotten:

Oh man,
    I don't know why I just took another look at it...
    The engine is all forward of the front axle - all iron engine = crap handling!

And that carby... On a '99 car... How does that pass emissions?
    Last edited by 27litres; January 13th, 2018 at 08:21 PM.
    Marty

---
    Current:

Gone but not forgotten:

8. Default

C'mon, your just making excuses not to buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by 27litres View Post
    I don't know what vehicle engineering laws are like in our nation's capital, but getting a roadworthy for that in Victoria would be an Engineering nightmare!

On a brighter note, the new owner could join Tony and the Canberra group for coffee and cake, then go off on a Holden cruise later in the day
    Maaaarty,

Queanbeyan is in Noooo South Wales. I note that the rego number isn't noted but normally you need to reside in the state etc etc. Nevertheless, more the merrier for coffee.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8