Thread: B9 A5/S5 Audi Connect Privacy Warning

1. Default B9 A5/S5 Audi Connect Privacy Warning

Hi Folks,
    Is it just me or does the privacy warning show up way too often?
    Once on a fresh start and another two times for each new online search.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

No, it's not just you. I've asked the same question on a mainly US forum and I don't think they knew what I was on about. Anyway, there were no useful responses and I get the impression that screen is not seen on US cars.

The message really annoys me and I think there should be a way to get rid of it, but all my efforts have failed so far. I have an Optus SIM in the slot in the glovebox for data and my Iphone is connected via bluetooth. I haven't yet tried the smartphone interface.

Surely some other Aussies are plagued by this?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    No, it's not just you. I've asked the same question on a mainly US forum and I don't think they knew what I was on about. Anyway, there were no useful responses and I get the impression that screen is not seen on US cars.

The message really annoys me and I think there should be a way to get rid of it, but all my efforts have failed so far. I have an Optus SIM in the slot in the glovebox for data and my Iphone is connected via bluetooth. I haven't yet tried the smartphone interface.

Surely some other Aussies are plagued by this?
    yes, its happening on my S3 as well. Called the dealer and they said nothing they can do about it.

4. Default

Strange! I've had my S5 Sportback about 1 month and I don't remember seeing this message at all. Car was used (almost 12months old) but I've only put Vodafone SIMs in the car myself.

Happens quite often. Bit of an annoyance.
    2017 Navarro Blue S5 Coupe, V6T Technic Pack, Sunroof, Phone Box, Quattro Sport Diff
    2015 Monsoon Grey A5 S-Line Sportback 3.0 TDI
    2010 Brilliant Black A5 3.2L FSI