Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockersteady Track car build

Quote Originally Posted by 18TQ View Post
    Your better off getting a different platform than the b5. They handle like kak, no matter how much suspention you throw at it.
    For drag different story.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    youd be better off finding another thread to clutter,

Quote Originally Posted by rockersteady View Post
    it will be a B5 quattro
    for the love of the b5- its not about beating others, its about giving joy to those who love the b5 1.8t and theres a lot of them out there, myself included

George, it will go as it goes, its purely for track use so a lot of stuff will come out
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L
    Concept, tune and build by QMS
    EFR 6758, Bosch 1000cc, E85 @7bar, Bosch 413 in 034 surge tank. VVT cam timing upgrade. Controls by Eurodyne boost manager, V8 MAF, LC1, EGT. JE 9:1, 13kg 2L Crank, 475gm rods, Ferrea , Dowel pin crank, IE tensioner, 034 Pheno Spacer, FX400 240mm x6, Apikol SMIC, Miltek 2.75 Koni coils, Stoptech BB, Powerslot Rear, SS lines, 034 G/b, Apikol Diff mounts, APR snub mount.

2. Default

for the love of the b5- its not about beating others, its about giving joy to those who love the b5 1.8t and theres a lot of them out there, myself included
    Lol thats cute.

youd be better off finding another thread to clutter,
    yep yer your right. Tapatalk notified me of this. Unsubscribed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------
    Current
    2000 Audi
    S4 K04d
    2008 Yamaha
    R1

Previous
    1996 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    1996 Nissan Skyline GTST *highly modified

Well, you can't say that the B5 doesn't engender some emotion

I like a car with a bit of a challenge and I can't agree that they are slow and boring. I didn't realize that the 034 car was that quick. Eye opener. Over the years there have been some pretty quick 1.8's developed locally, let alone OS so let the games begin. I'm watching, even if I end up on my own.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

4. Default

So much hate for building a b5!

I still think its awesome and love my "slow and boring" b5.

Make the car you want, Ed. And hopefully a few people don't stop you sharing it with the rest of us.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

5. Default

Yeah mate, can't wait to see it develop. I'm sure Ed has a few surprises up his sleeve.

It's his car and it's his build. As he said there's lot's of parts lying around so why not utilize them. If your not interested don't follow this thread. Ok Rockersteady bring it on let's see this B5 evolve.

7. Default

With your driving style Ed, best if you make that B5 into an amphibious vehicle so you can drive it from home to the beach, then straight into the water to the yacht for work.

2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

Quote Originally Posted by Khoa View Post
    With your driving style Ed, best if you make that B5 into an amphibious vehicle so you can drive it from home to the beach, then straight into the water to the yacht for work.

Thanks Khoa, I most enjoy driving my street B5's when there is way too much water on the road- something about high octane fueling, hi boost and biblical rain puts a smile on my face when behind the wheel of a b5 1.8t quattro

No more bashing the non believers please folks- some are just tongue in cheek comments and Ive known some of them thru the forum and then personally for many years- their experience is vast- as a community we can do anything - by ourselves its harder.

Now, onto the Build.
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L
    EFR 6758, Bosch 1000cc, E85 @7bar, Bosch 413 in 034 surge tank. VVT cam timing upgrade. Controls by Eurodyne boost manager, V8 MAF, LC1, EGT. JE 9:1, 13kg 2L Crank, 475gm rods, Ferrea , Dowel pin crank, IE tensioner, 034 Pheno Spacer, FX400 240mm x6, Apikol SMIC, Miltek 2.75 Koni coils, Stoptech BB, Powerslot Rear, SS lines, 034 G/b, Apikol Diff mounts, APR snub mount.

Default Build stage 1, turbo/cams and quad throttle bodies are exposed and examined

Ive placed the order for an EFR8374, twinscroll, .92 rear with internal wastegate, its advertised as capable of pretty hi output 800hp. Initially probably wont be trying to utilise all of this.
    I already have a full race twinscroll t4 manifold and I have installed a smaller EFR7163 (650hp capable) on the same manifold on a B5 already so Im pretty familiar with the constraints, its very close to a lot of stuff!
    The efr was chosen because outstanding results ive had with the efr's first an 6758 (on 9.0 compression- stock cams) and then a twinscroll efr 7163 which spooled just as fast as my 6758 non twinscroll and it had low compression pistons 8:1 and one (of a set) IE intake cam (the exhaust cam key area had sheered). (both engines 2.0 strokers)

Integration of all supporting engine and peripherals hardware is crucial- so Im still in heavy research stage. As it stands it is initially stock cams retarded about 4 (cam) degrees (and VVT cam advance on for spool) as I have proven they are capable of producing and maintaining sufficient airflow to net over 400 ftlbs at the crank till at least 7000 rpm in my personal street car with efr6758

Stage 1 of the build is Quad throttle bodies on a custom intake consisting of lower third of factory Large port AEB/AJL intake manifold, and combined plenum-water to air intercooler attached to the throttle bodies (commonly referred to as ITB) will be tested alongside the same plenum/cooler as above with single 65 to 70mm throttle body setup to see which one suits better the type of driving asked of it. This is stage 1 of the build. and will likely be developed on a street driven b5, before its put to test on the new turbo.

From my research I am leaning towards 40mm or smaller ITB, the type found on sport bike engines.
    Intake ports on the AEB head are slightly bigger than 56 x 25 mm thats 1400 mm2,
    one 40mm ITB is 1256mm2. (so 4 of them gives 5000mm2)- this might be too big- but the goal here is to get quad bodies fitted relatively easy and robustly and I might not have a choice under 40mm, im still looking. for reference a single 70mm TB is 3850mm2. the AEB/AJL comes with 60 or 63mm - I dont have one with me..
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Stage 1 of the build is Quad throttle bodies on a custom intake consisting of lower third of factory Large port AEB/AJL intake manifold, and combined plenum-water to air intercooler attached to the throttle bodies (commonly referred to as ITB) will be tested alongside the same plenum/cooler as above with single 65 to 70mm throttle body setup to see which one suits better the type of driving asked of it. This is stage 1 of the build. and will likely be developed on a street driven b5, before its put to test on the new turbo.
    Is the ME3.x even capable of using a modified/custom ITB TPS setup Ed? Can you write that in to the MAP?

I'm all for thinking outside of the square (as you already know); it would be interesting to see how this all comes about with the ITB's and tuning load against 4x sources instead of the one...

Food for thought: The N/A ADR head came with 4x individual intake lobes which you can use to mount your ITB's to... would need a flange made up but its a start.

M
    | GT3076R | ViPec i88 |