Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rockersteady Track car build

Quote Originally Posted by quattro5v View Post
    Is the ME3.x even capable of using a modified/custom ITB TPS setup Ed? Can you write that in to the MAP?
    Hi Mike, ill make it work. Maf is all i need, and no map. TPS will be used to tip in fuel and tell n75 how much boost to make.

Thanks for the tip on the ADR lower manifold- that might make for less porting seeing as it looks circular already- but Ill need to know the ID at the intake- if its too big i cant use it. throttles cant let in too much air or ill loose throttle resolution.
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L
    Concept, tune and build by QMS
    EFR 6758, Bosch 1000cc, E85 @7bar, Bosch 413 in 034 surge tank. VVT cam timing upgrade. Controls by Eurodyne boost manager, V8 MAF, LC1, EGT. JE 9:1, 13kg 2L Crank, 475gm rods, Ferrea , Dowel pin crank, IE tensioner, 034 Pheno Spacer, FX400 240mm x6, Apikol SMIC, Miltek 2.75 Koni coils, Stoptech BB, Powerslot Rear, SS lines, 034 G/b, Apikol Diff mounts, APR snub mount.

So cable throttle then?
    Link the 4 together with a rod setup like the M88 BMW engine (only individual throttle bodied car engine to come to mind)?

Don't understand the B5 hate... One of the best looking Audi's ever made IMHO, and they handle fine and go hard.
    Plenty of people build rocketship Commodores and a B5Q will out handle any of those... Neutral understeer? Try selecting a lower gear and opening the throttle to make the Torsen do it's thing!
    Marty

---
    Current:
    2001 S8 - 19" x 9" C5 RS6 rims, Solar Sunroof, heated leather front and rear seats, tinted side and rear glass, RNS-D, XCarlink, Bose, clunky old phone in arm rest...
    2002 S8 - 18" RS4 reps (for now), Solar Sunroof, 'Sports' mode shifter... Engine dropped valve on PO - work in progress...

Gone but not forgotten:
    ​1997 A4 Quattro V6 Manual "Hamilton's Club Sport"

Blog Entries

stuff everybody else, I think it's great what you are doing.

If I counted up all the receipts I had on my B6, it would make most people cry... I don't really have any other hobbies, so that's what I chose (and the current car!) to spend my money on. Plenty of people spend on skiing, mountain bikes etc, so what's wrong with a car I say!

Quote Originally Posted by 27litres View Post
    So cable throttle then?
    Link the 4 together with a rod setup like the M88 BMW engine (only individual throttle bodied car engine to come to mind)?
    Hi Marty, yes cable throttle- throttles have not been selected yet. Im looking for a set 36- 38mm

Quote Originally Posted by rockersteady View Post
    and it will be tuned on the factory ecu as I want to control the throttle and not let the ecu think about closing it on me. Think I might need a custom 100mm dia maf for this...
    Non of the torque based tuning- the ecu on this model does EXACTLY what I tell it. exactly how much timing I ask, exactly how much fuel I ask, and I open the throttle- I dont need an ecu closing electronic throttle or telling me I made enough torque- and let me reduce the timing for you SIR. No thanks mr smarty ecu, With the factory ecu on this car, Im the master and the ecu is the slave.
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L
    EFR 6758, Bosch 1000cc, E85 @7bar, Bosch 413 in 034 surge tank. VVT cam timing upgrade. Controls by Eurodyne boost manager, V8 MAF, LC1, EGT. JE 9:1, 13kg 2L Crank, 475gm rods, Ferrea , Dowel pin crank, IE tensioner, 034 Pheno Spacer, FX400 240mm x6, Apikol SMIC, Miltek 2.75 Koni coils, Stoptech BB, Powerslot Rear, SS lines, 034 G/b, Apikol Diff mounts, APR snub mount.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rockersteady For This Useful Post:

G-Ride (January 28th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    If I counted up all the receipts I had on my B6,
    You mean you didn't burn them like I did before the missus saw Stu?
    Last edited by G-Ride; January 28th, 2018 at 02:39 PM.
    Imola '03 A4 1.8TQM

:: Motoza Performance Tuned on e85 :: Frankenturbo F21-L :: 750cc Injectors :: Milltek Exhaust :: ER Sport FMIC :: Sachs Race Engineering DM Clutch Kit ::

Ha ha! Great thread! I know you'll make this work Ed and it will leave everything else in its dust when finished.

Of course you're starting with a b5. You don't need the extra 150 kg do you? AND it's the best looking bodyshell of them all (could I be a tad biased?)
    Gittin' there: MY01 TT quattro 225 Roadster, BAM motor. FT-23 and 'Phatty' TIP, DEA Performance 3" downpipe/cat, 550 injectors, QMS flash. Coilovers by hpamotorsports.com. Gauges by fis-control.de.
    Back on the road: MY00 A4tqm - GP Series with GTRS and a few bits and bobs. 420,000 km. zeitronix.com monitors the Heat Demons
    Gone and almost forgotten: MY01 allroad - 2.7TT 6-speed d/r manual, GIAC St I. Great motor and box, untameable handling

Fanging since the 60s

Keen to see this build.

Do not understand all the hate from the first page.. Isn't the B5 1.8t one of the more moddable engines from that period? Doesn't it lack all the excessive electronics/emissions stuff that the newer cars have? I don't know what many cars that can double their stock rated HP without any internal work..

Doesn't it flat out look superior to most newer Audis? The only generation as a whole that I like more are the B4 era.

Obviously that is all my opinion, as for the B5 handling "bad".. What?.. What?

Anyway good luck with the project Ed, was looking forward to this post and keen to see some photos of the build in progress!
    Current - 1999.5 B5 A4 1.8TQS

• Chip Tune (Quattro MotorSport)
    • Borgwarner K03-029 Turbo
    • 3' Turboback Exhaust
    • Forge 007 Diverter/Splitter
    • D2 A8 Front Rotors (312mm)
    • ECS Poly Snub Mount
    • B6 A4 Auto-Dim Mirror
    • Kw V1 Coilovers
    • Turbosmart MBC

Past - 1994 B4 80 V6 (2.6), 1992 B3 80 (2.0)

So theirs been no posting but Ive not been sleeping, The 8374 is sitting on my shelf at Ringer racing- Im in no rush to have it shipped over yet, But I did get 034 to ship me one of their rear sway bar and brackets and have been busy in design of the intercooler/plenum/ ITB intake which is almost finished, the draft ideas are settled on and materials will be purchased soon to begin construction. I did grab some throttle bodies with dual butterflies, the primary butterflies are really just to inform the ecu of the desired power level and the secondary will be controlled externally from the ecu to provide high velocity porting effect at spool up.
    But I have been a little distracted with the 5 cylinder collection appearing in my backyard and shelves- The track car build will be a machine built for a purpose and some raw elements will take over from aesthetics as function will take precedence over form
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L

10. Default

Looking good mate.