Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DPF dramas with my SQ5

I would ring back audi and ask for their decision in writing for legal purposes. Also ask them to point to the specific part of your warranty that excludes this problem. At least if you have this, then you know what legal rights you have.

Sorry to hear Morrie.

That is a crap response from Audi.

It will certainly go against them next time I am planning on upgrading my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current rides: Audi SQ5, HSV E3 GTS, Ducati Streetfighter

Quote Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
    So I get a call today from a lady that tells me they have completed their investigation into my complaint about the DPF. Their offical answer is that it wasn’t a warranty problem and that the drama with the DPF on my SQ5 was caused by “Clogging”. Yet I asked how does the DPF get clogged if I’m using the right deisel,not doing a heap of short trips and every week or two I drive it on 3 to 6 hour round trips in 100-110 zones. I also pointed out to her again that my dealership had to do things not “approved” by Audi to fix the friggin problem(the dealer and I are still not convinced that what they did will hold up long term). So at the end of the day Audi Australia wash their hands of replacing the DPF under warrantry and pretty much say it’s my fault. So for all you city slickers with deisel Audi’s....watch out. If your DPF gives up the ghost under warrantry Audi will find every reason to blame it on you(too many short trips,driving style etc etc). Well done Audi Australia.....you bunch of spankers!

regardless of manufacturer warrantee, there is a statutory warrantee in Australia that comes into force for anything that doesnt last as long as is reasonbly expected, I would contact fair trading in your state and discuss with them...... hope you get sorted.....
    MY17 S3 Sportsback - Daytona Grey - SPP2 - Assist Pack - Pano Roof - Black Styling - Matrix headlights
    MY17 Q7 (200kw) - Silver - Pano Roof - 10 Spokes

Gone: MY16 Audi S3 Sporstback - Sepang Blue (Black Ext Highlights) SPP2, Pano Roof
    Gone: MY12 VW Scirocco R (Viper Green)

Quote Originally Posted by BS_S3 View Post
    regardless of manufacturer warrantee, there is a statutory warrantee in Australia that comes into force for anything that doesnt last as long as is reasonbly expected, I would contact fair trading in your state and discuss with them...... hope you get sorted.....
    I would agree with this, fit for purpose is the Australian consumer protection and exceeds warranty. I could suggest you give choice magazine a call you may find that they can assist with the correct approach. Of note extended warranty is not Audi, but a third party insurer.
    BMW R1200GSA,Spouse 2015 SQ5, Me ! 2009 R50.

did you ask them why they continue to sell them to people who live in the city if the car is not supposed to be driven on short trips? One would think that if this was the reason your DPF has become clogged that they would then be somewhat responsible as they don't tell you the DPF will clog up if only driven around town

Oh I asked them many questions....but the gutless pricks continue to only let me talk to the drones that answer the phones for them because they themselves don’t want to talk to the actual owners of Audi vehs. The funny thing is that after they gave me their final answer to my question “Your DPF problem was caused by clogging”,they then sent me a survey. The survey wanted me to rate them on how well they had handled my complaint,let’s just say that I gave them the lowest score for everything and every chance I got to comment about them,I hammered them. At the end of the survey it asked if I would mind if they rang me up and asked for the reasons for the way I rated them.......and guess what,I still haven’t heard from them. A potential secondhand SQ5 owner contacted me and we had a great talk about my experience with the DPF and Audi Aus so he changed his mind and brought a BMW SUV instead. Good old Audi Australia,BUNCH OF MUPPETS!
    Last edited by Morrie; March 12th, 2018 at 02:57 AM.

I would send a registered email to both the dealer principle and Audi Australia asking for them to have somebody call you that is not the 'normal phone people' to discuss your case. I'm dealing with FCA and have been given a 'case manager'. That's not wokring for me, so it's up the tree. The forum I am on has a member who has exactly the same problem and a resolution, so I'm taking his path and not giving up.

Sadly Audi are pretty **** when it comes to customer service. I sold mine 2.5 years ago now and I continue to be contacted by them re servicing of the car and I constantly tell them I have sold it and they need to update their records. They keep telling me they have no way of knowing that the car got sold but when I tell them Honda seem to be able to get it right with their recalls they go all silent and have no idea what to say. Its quite sad to be honest as they have a great product that is constantly being let down by the muppets that run it

Any developments on the matter Morrie?

Disappointing to read how your claim progressed.. Common sense obviously does not prevail @ Audi extended warranty.

You poor experience has assisted in my decision not pursue Audi extended warranty.

I had a similar experience with my last car <cough, HSV, cough>. I was under factory warranty (1yr remaining) and they denied the claim for my drive shaft coupling ($600). I put in writing that i would never buy another HSV again and deliberately went and got a quote for a new GTS. I then emailed them the quote with a copy of my signed RS3 paperwork. Received a call 2 hours later, stating they were reviewing my claim and there may have been a miscommunication.. I suggested they don't make the same mistake again and I look forward to picking my Audi up the following week!
    MY16 Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 4+

Forged Engine | TTE625 w/ Turbosmart WG | E-Tuner Motorsport ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | SAR Downpipe | Milltek Decats | SAR 4" Intake | Forge Turbo Inlet | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | SRM LPFP & Controller | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart EM Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Michelin Cup 2's | Rays Forged ZE40's | DBA 5000 & Ferodo DS2500 | Flow Design lip | Innovate ECB-1