Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DPF dramas with my SQ5

1. Default DPF dramas with my SQ5

I brought my SQ5 brand new in 2013 and have just clocked up 81,000 Kim’s. I live in central Queensland and 90% of my driving is on the open road. Brought my SQ5 to Townsville Audi yesterday because the engine light and DPF fault have come up and won’t go away(it was booked in for a service today). Just got a call to say that the service is finished “BUT” the soot content in the DPF is too high and their software/machines can’t force the filter to do a regen burn. They have contacted the Audi Australia warranty department and informed them of the drama and are waiting for a yes or no answer if they will treat it as a warranty issue and cover it. The dealership has ordered one over night to be fitted tomorrow if they get the yes answer. If the answer is no then it will be sent back to wherever it came from(because obviously the dealership knows I’m not going to agree to pay for a new DPF). If the answer is no then god knows where we go from there. I still have 8 months Audi extended warranty on my SQ5,only use vortex diesel and the average life of a DPF is suppose to be between 160 to 180,000 Kim’s!
    Last edited by Morrie; January 12th, 2018 at 11:04 PM.

Following your post with interest Morrie, Audi should come good on this issue for you ....well here's hoping anyway
    SQ5 - MY13 - Launch Edition

3. Default

Just got a call from the dealer asking about how the car is driven,length of trips etc etc. Sounds like Audi might be trying to screw me. WTF,they know where I live,I live in the sticks. No lights and only one roundabout in town,all 100/110 zones. Very very interesting!

Blog Entries

sounds like you've done everything right and nothing wrong. You've driven it, had it serviced and have extended warranty. Should be end of story in regards to free repair.

All the best, I hope you get it repaired under warranty. It definitely sounds like you should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current rides: Audi SQ5, HSV E3 GTS, Ducati Streetfighter

6. Default

Just a update on my DPF dramas. I just got the call from the dealership to tell me that Audi Australia has said “NO” to replacing the DPF under warranty on my SQ5. The dealership is right now working overtime trying to get the soot level down in the DPF so they can get it to regenerate. So the dealership is doing everything they can for me unlike Audi Australia. So I hope someone from Audi Australia is reading this post and all I can say to them is a huge “STUFF YOU”. What a absolute friggin joke! My mind is definitely made up now....I will not ever buy another diesel Audi. So all you diesel Audi owners or potential diesel Audi owners be aware that if your DPF fails,90% of the time Audi Australia is going to tell you to nick off and want you to stump up $6000 for a new DPF!
    Last edited by Morrie; January 12th, 2018 at 08:30 PM.

Audi - this is an absolute nonsense.
    You have here a great Audi customer who, after his purchase of an SQ5, became an Audi convert.
    He has done everything by the book concerning servicing and has even paid the ridiculous amount Audi require for an extended warranty. A warranty that now appears to be a useless investment in the future?
    This man is a mature owner, not an RS-driving, 20 something, dumb arsed rich kid. I can vouch that he is a person of integrity and one that drives and maintains his car in adult and respectful manner.
    His reward for this is a No to a simple warranty issue which one would quite reasonably assume would be covered for a far longer period than this!
    Even if this is a tiresome game of brinkmanship where, when taken to the consumer watchdogs and hammered via social media, Audi will ultimately be seen to do the right thing, it is an appalling way to do business; period.
    Audi, listen to your customer, listen to your dealership and do what is expected and what is fair and reasonable. No one is asking Audi to go above and beyond but to simply do what is reasonable and right.
    On John's behalf I must express my concern and disappointment in the way this is being handled at the corporate level.
    Dingah

2017 RSQ3 Performance + and Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line APR (Stage 1)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dingah For This Useful Post:

Morrie (January 13th, 2018)

Blog Entries

Is there a Audi Facebook page you can post on?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Default

Just another update on my DPF issue. The service manger and two mechanics from my dealership worked on my car until 1900hrs yesterday evening. They had to use methods that they have learnt over the years to break down the soot level and to trick the ECU into turning the engine light and DPF light off. Because the service department doesn’t work on the weekend they asked me if I could grab my car this morning and take it for a 70 Klm drive because they where not totally convinced that drama would not flare up again on my 600 klm trip home tomorrow. So at 0800hrs this morning I took it on a 155 klm round trip. For 40 mins I sat on 110 kph,6th gear manual mode 2500 rpm(most of the trip was in a 110 zone)so hopefully that burnt the crap out of the DPF. So many thanks to the people at my dealership(but I fear this drama will happen to me again down the track)and to you AUDI Australia.....you can get nicked,I look forward to ringing you on Monday morning!
    Last edited by Morrie; January 13th, 2018 at 01:39 PM.

Blog Entries

put together your case with all your facts and send to the complaints departments. Others on here, can you chime in if you have been successful in getting an extended warranty service item fixed when they said they were not going to do it? Hopefully somebody here can get you a contact or at least the letter that worked for them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

Morrie (January 14th, 2018)