Thread: New member looking for information / help with SQ5

1. Default New member looking for information / help with SQ5

Hi All,

My name is Chris and I literally signed up to OzAudi earlier this morning. Being a brand new member, I thought I'd just give a quick intro.

I come from owning a line of Japanese vehicles and due to me getting engaged and purchasing a property that is further away from work, I have sold my car and looking at moving into a euro SUV and the SQ5 is high on my list. The last car I owned was a 2013 Evo X that is about 260kw atw so I thought I would get something that is bigger, better on fuel whilst retaining some of the power.

I have a few questions and queries I'm hoping someone can help me with.

- Being in Vic, I haven't seen many used SQ5s that fit into my budget of $55-60k. I'm currently looking interstate in Brissy, NSW etc and was wondering if anyone could suggest reputable places that can perform a pre-purchase inspection.

- Do the older models of SQ5 suffer from any known issues ? Drivetrain, gearbox etc ?

- Has there been many recalls for SQ5s of 2013-2014 ?

- How is pricey is maintenance ? I know its a "how long is a piece of string" type question but any sort of information would be great.

- Are there significant updates between 2013 and 2016 models ?

Thank you all and I hope to get into an SQ5 in the coming weeks.

Chris

Hi Chris,check your private messages mate and ring me.

Default New member looking for information / help with SQ5

I have a 2014 SQ5. No recalls on mine that I can remember.

I havenít had any major issues with mine, just a few rattles that seem to have been fixed.

My local dealer when doing a service, said that my front brake rotors were rattling. Replaced under warranty. I didnít even know they were rattling.

As far as maintenance goes, services are reasonably expensive. My recent 60,000km service was just over $1200. Normal service, without unscheduled items.

I was told though, that in the next 10-15,000km I will need rear brake pads & rotors ($1100). I assume fronts will be more expensive. I am not sure what, if any aftermarket options are available.

The only other thing I know of, is the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), that if it fails & needs replacing, is about $6000. There is another topic on this that another SQ5 owner is currently having.

Outside of that, I love the car, and really enjoy driving it. This has relegated my HSV GTS to a garage queen now, only getting out occasionally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current rides: Audi SQ5, HSV E3 GTS, Ducati Streetfighter

4. Default Thanks for the info

Thanks for the reply. I have spoken to Morrie and he's given me a fair bit of info on the car.

One another important thing for me is the width of the car with the mirrors.

I have a double garage but it unfortunately comes with a brick pillar in the middle of the entrance to the garage.

Does anyone have width measurements with and without the mirrors folder ?

I had a look at Carsales but I think the width is from panel to panel not including mirrors ?

Are the measurements for the Q5 and SQ5 exactly the same ?

I found another thread saying that a Q5 is 2089mm with the mirrors, would anyone be kind enough to take some measurements for me ?

you can find this with a google search, as I was recently looking up the Q5 width. There are the official schematics which will give you the width, mirror to mirror.

Hopefully these may help out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Default

Thanks for the pic. Definitely helps to confirm the width. 2089 it is. Now to measure the garage width.

I checked insurance today. Premium is still pretty hefty.

Quoted 1.5k for full comp.

Friend bought a brand new Merc GLC 250 and he's only paying $800.

$1800 for mine this year, comprehensive, 50 yo driver, good clean history, 65% no claim, $650 excess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk