Thread: Would you swap ?

Default Would you swap ?

Just wondering what everyone
    thinks worth swapping for a TTRS under 50kms on the clock ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TYR382; February 23rd, 2018 at 06:18 PM.

I'm a bit slow today. Are you asking what you might want as a straight swap for your TTRS? And must it be a car? Not pulling your leg, just trying to get the question clear.

Why don't you tell what you're considering and we can all chime in but a bit broad to think of all the things in the world (even if only cars) that could be swapped. It's a nice car but the other party would need to think the same to swap something equally valuable for it.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Would you think a RS5 with 150kms would be a reasonable swap?

Quote Originally Posted by TYR382 View Post
    Would you think a RS5 with 150kms would be a reasonable swap?
    My personal opinion (as a former RS5 owner) is that I'd rather keep the TT RS in that situation.

Still a 2 door. Bit more room. If you're a 2 person ride, why swap. More and the RS5 has some benefits. For mine if I was going up it would be an RS6 avant. Obviously the RS5 owner made a serious miscalculation if he wants out after a trip round the block.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Default Would you swap ?

I want to keep the coupe form but want a north south facing engine and more space
    Do you think a B7 RS4 with over 100,000kms is a fair trade ?

Other cars im thinking of
    BMW M5 V10
    Porsche 996

Last edited by TYR382; February 24th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR382 View Post
    I want to keep the coupe form but want a north south facing engine and more space
    Do you think a B7 RS4 with over 100,000kms is a fair trade ?

Other cars im thinking of
    BMW M5 V10
    Porsche 996

Go into Carsales and compare prices of various cars in various conditions. It is amazing how much a car loses in value as it leaves the dealer. I have just purchased an A4 S Line quattro Avant with a LOT of extras, 1 year old and has pre-paid service contract. Under $60K. The vendor lost in excess of $35K in 12 months. Except for 2 scuffed rims it is as new inside and outside. I can have the wheels CNC machined for $200 each.