Thread: Which Q5 should I buy

1. Default Which Q5 should I buy

Hi all,

First time poster ....

I have an amazing Q7 and am in the market for a smaller Q5.

I'm looking my12-My14 and thought I'd ask the brains trust what to look out for besides low km.

I have $25-$30K to spend and am wanting the options of the TFSI like key-less, stereo and auto.

Looking for advise on which motor the like.

Careful with the 2.0TFSI - has oil consumption and gearbox issues.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Hi Alister,

Thanks for the things to watch out for. I have read about the oil and thought / hoping low mileage and service history will help me with this.

Am I better going diesel? My Q7 is diesel but the economy is different.

4. Default

Hi,

So I bought a Q5. 56K and the Gearbox has been reconditioned. Hope I've chosen well. Nice clean car.

No to figure out the bit and pieces and how they work.

Good one! Which engine variant did you end up going with? Year? When you say the gearbox has been reconditioned, what's been done exactly? Mechatronics replacement?

Should have also asked - any pics?

7. Default

even the 2012+?

8. Default

Good one! Which engine variant did you end up going with? Year? When you say the gearbox has been reconditioned, what's been done exactly? Mechatronics replacement?
    Hi,

Turbo petrol.

Everything except the mechatronics was done. solenoids, pcb, seals, filters, pipes etc. Audi receipt for $4k in the hand book. Took the "extended" warranty incase :)

Quote Originally Posted by hami5h View Post
    Everything except the mechatronics was done. solenoids, pcb, seals, filters, pipes etc. Audi receipt for $4k in the hand book. Took the "extended" warranty incase :)
    Whilst I've never had the problem myself, from my understanding the main issue experienced is a failed mechatronics.

10. Default

Lucky you have that Audi extended warranty,itís worth every cent........NOT!