Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: MMI Questions 8V Ambition Cabrio

  1. Default MMI Questions 8V Ambition Cabrio

    Hi guys, I posted in the ICE section but I am not sure if anyone reads in there. I have a few questions and hoping someone can help me:

    Hi, I have looked around but to be honest I am not 100% across everything to even know what to look for.

    I have some general question and I am hoping you guys know the answers.

    I have a 2014 Audi A3 8V Ambition Auto quattro MY15 Cabriolet 1.8 which I picked up a few weeks ago.

    Slowly getting used to the lag on take off but that's another story.

    So far, the ICE is extremely different to my previous car (2016 ND Mazda MX5) I am getting there but there are a couple of things I can't work out:

    I have the Technik Package (Not sure if that makes a difference)

    1) Does my system play videos? I found a few things about encoding but can't seem to get it to work (using FFMPEG)
    2) Can you reverse the direction of the scroll wheel? I turn it clockwise and to me it should go down the list, it doesn't it goes up on clockwise
    3) Is there a way to make it repeat the ALBUM from the memory card, I put an album on and I can hit repeat but it just repeats the track, if it's off then it just goes to the next album upon completion
    4) Is there a way to skip BACK a track from the steering wheel controls? I know there is a hot button which is programmed in mine to go forward a track but I find it strange that I have to take my hand off the wheel to move around tracks
    5) If i have two 128GB memory cards, is there any reason to copy stuff to the Jukebox (which seems to only have 11GB space), what is the jukebox in comparison to running off a memory card?
    6) There is some "Audi music interface" socket in the centre console, I have researched what it is but if I have MP3's on a memory card and I have Spotify on my phone connected via bluetooth, I don't think this cable will be of any use to me is that correct? (possibly charging???)

    If there is no way to skip back in Spotify, will this work for my car? https://www.streetsoundvision.com.au...plus-factory-a and is it really worth that much coin, it seems excessive.

    Thanks for any help you guys can provide :).

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Hunter View Post

    If there is no way to skip back in Spotify, will this work for my car? https://www.streetsoundvision.com.au...plus-factory-a and is it really worth that much coin, it seems excessive.
    Only way I know is to move the sound control button on the console to the left.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deangelj View Post
    Only way I know is to move the sound control button on the console to the left.
    That is exactly what I wanted, I didn't realise that could be moved left and right (you would thing the images below it would give it away lol) Thanks so much for that :).

  4. Default

    OK So I got frustrated with every single piece of information on the net about video formats not working for my car so I spent the time tweaking and testing, Here is an FFMPEG script that I have put together that will encode a video into a format that I can run on my SD card.

    Note: I am using it for concerts so I have put a load of commands in there centric around slicing the file into 5 minute parts, if you don't need this you can simply use the FFMPEG bit and remove the for %%a loop. Yell out if you need help.

    https://pastebin.com/WvyECkP7

    Just drop it in the bin folder of FFMPEG and put your MP4's in there too then run it, make sure you have a folder in there called converted. When I get time I will make it more robust.
    Last edited by Blade Hunter; March 29th, 2018 at 09:28 AM.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Hunter View Post
    ..
    6) There is some "Audi music interface" socket in the centre console, I have researched what it is but if I have MP3's on a memory card and I have Spotify on my phone connected via bluetooth, I don't think this cable will be of any use to me is that correct? (possibly charging???)
    In my testing when I had this car, the sound quality via AMI was better than through Bluetooth. I had a iPhone connector for the AMI socket. But it eventually broke and I ended up just relying on BT/Spotify which was good enough for me.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deangelj View Post
    In my testing when I had this car, the sound quality via AMI was better than through Bluetooth. I had a iPhone connector for the AMI socket. But it eventually broke and I ended up just relying on BT/Spotify which was good enough for me.
    Thanks mate, I think I will also stick with BT/Spotify, Firstly I am no audiophile and secondly it's a convertible car, There will always be the sound of the outside world so super high bitrates and lossless formats are kind of useless in these vehicles :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •