Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new found love

Quote Originally Posted by rockersteady View Post
    A small update,
    The 7A motor (components) leave in a day or 2 from USA airfreight. with new "asbestos" regulations and all the hassle of trying to organise sea freight for the motor, it has been disassembled instead, and now the block and crank stays.
    Oil pan/oil pump/2 sets rods pistons (7a), 7a cyl head (stock- reconditioned), 7a water manifold, intake manifold, throttle body, bag o snakes exhaust manifold, flywheel, ecu and harness comes.

To ship sea freight was going to cost over $1000 aus and then the chances it getting stopped for an asbestos free certificate (I need to provide after lab testing if requested- and if even a trace is found the shipment wont get to me)

So I opted for broken down into "parts" and airfreight- avoiding all the "dock side" regulations.
    I had it packed by a pack and ship agent as they will handle all the paper work and it gets delivered to my door. They prepare the commercial invoice- I hope this extra effort pays off and it gets thru customs like any of my airfreight goodies under $1000 AUD have done in the past- no problems what so ever.
    Wow!

I am keen to see photos of this once it is complete, I've heard about the "bag of snakes" exhaust manifold and seen a few it's a feat of engineering!

The other option is unequal length headers, however it'd sound like a Subaru which can be a good or a bad thing..
    Current - 1999.5 B5 A4 1.8TQS

• K03-029
    • 3' Exhaust
    • KW v1's and more

Past - 1994 B4 80 V6 (2.6), 1992 B3 80 (2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by enforce View Post
    I have a 90q minus the engine complete if you're interested in adelaide. I'm trying to find a 7a or aan with not much luck.
    Thanks for the heads up- The motors do seem a bit rare over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-Matt View Post
    Wow!

I am keen to see photos of this once it is complete, I've heard about the "bag of snakes" exhaust manifold and seen a few it's a feat of engineering!
    The shipment arrived 2 days ago, No time for pics but it was all there, Quarantine inspection was $233 (everyone wants a piece) but no duties were charged which is nice.
    it will be a few months before i can start, but ive got a new workshop (9.5 x 7.5m) and that means plenty of space to get some of these cars under cover permanently. the B390q is already stored there!

The shipment arrived 2 days ago, No time for pics but it was all there, Quarantine inspection was $233 (everyone wants a piece) but no duties were charged which is nice.
    it will be a few months before i can start, but ive got a new workshop (9.5 x 7.5m) and that means plenty of space to get some of these cars under cover permanently. the B390q is already stored there!
    Oh wow nice!

Can I bring my A4 there? it currently resides outside
    Current - 1999.5 B5 A4 1.8TQS

• K03-029
    • 3' Exhaust
    • KW v1's and more

Past - 1994 B4 80 V6 (2.6), 1992 B3 80 (2.0)

I know the problem, I badly need another shed..... 3 sheds and still not enough room....
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Sold - 2008 B7 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Sold - 2005 B7 A4, 1.8T Avant SLine

Quote Originally Posted by enforce View Post
    I have a 90q minus the engine complete if you're interested in adelaide. I'm trying to find a 7a or aan with not much luck.
    Thanks Luke- I just couldnt stop thinking about this... I dont want to mollest my intact and mostly stock 20v 90Q - but the thought of building one of these really tickled my fancy- Its soon to be shipped to me. I have a choice of engines for it, both Built engines a 1.8T 2.0 stroker or a 2.5 inline 5 diesel block stroker kit (not yet built) I have.

Just a hour or two before I decided to buy this I had also nabbed a very good condition, red 1990 90 sport with NG 5 cyl engine thats been garaged last 7 years in Vic too.... This I might daily while I fit the 7A in the B4 Quattro sedan and ditch the v6 in it.

oh dear, new found love or obsession?
    '99 Quattro, stroked 2L
    Concept, tune and build by QMS
    EFR 6758, Bosch 1000cc, E85 @7bar, Bosch 413 in 034 surge tank. VVT cam timing upgrade. Controls by Eurodyne boost manager, V8 MAF, LC1, EGT. JE 9:1, 13kg 2L Crank, 475gm rods, Ferrea , Dowel pin crank, IE tensioner, 034 Pheno Spacer, FX400 240mm x6, Apikol SMIC, Miltek 2.75 Koni coils, Stoptech BB, Powerslot Rear, SS lines, 034 G/b, Apikol Diff mounts, APR snub mount.

Just a hour or two before I decided to buy this I had also nabbed a very good condition, red 1990 90 sport with NG 5 cyl engine thats been garaged last 7 years in Vic too.... This I might daily while I fit the 7A in the B4 Quattro sedan and ditch the v6 in it.
    Not in Launching Place by any chance?
    Can somebody pass me the fire extinguisher?

Quote Originally Posted by Audi8090 View Post
    Not in Launching Place by any chance?
    Yes, The little red one. I am quite excited to see what it drives like- needs a couple of minor things done to start with. fuel pump and attention to brakes. Ive got a B4 80 NG parts car if the engine needs something (drove it to Sydney non stop from Adelaide a few months back)