Thread: RSNav Android Interface

1. Default RSNav Android Interface

Morning all! Thought I'd spread some knowledge here since I haven't seen any posts on it.

If anyone has been following over on Audizine, a guy named Daniel has created an Android bolt-in unit for the Concert/Symp and MMI systems. Replaces the screen and jacks into the CANBUS like all the other units, but has much higher specs than the cheap Chinese units. My car came with one of those and I hated it, so swapped it out for the XCarLink system. I really wanted Android Auto, so swapped out the XCarLink for the RSNav unit.

You can find the full thread over in the B8 A4 forum. Not sure if I can post hot links to it here...

Anyways, the only model available for RHD is the 7". Fits perfectly, a few minor bugs to iron out. But all in all, a huge improvement for my 2008 B8 with Concert radio.

I'll get a few pics later today when I'm out, but thought I'd let anyone know who's looked into them that they're pretty bad ass.

Blog Entries

that's great mate. Feel free to post the links to the audizine site, that's fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

ZeusOnTwoWheels (May 5th, 2018)

4. Default

Sweet! The discussion thread for it is here;
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...terface-Units/

The website he sells them at is www.rsnav.com

Will get some pictures up soon :)

5. Default

I purchased the standard alone unit for my SQ5. Overall im really pleased with the purchase. I'm using it for Android auto, works flawlessly.

6. Default

I didn't end up getting pictures, my bad ...

I've pretty much defaulted to using mine for Android Auto as well. Though that has some problems with my new phone ... My old HTC 10 would connect to it fine as soon as it powered up, the USB had no issues. Now with my Sony XZ2 Compact, there's some sort of power management issue going on between the phone and headunit. Takes about 3 mins of the headunit running before the power becomes stable enough for the unit and the sony to connect.

However, I just use Headunit Reloaded and connect to it over Wifi, and no issues :)

Makes the car infinitely more modern with Waze running on the main screen!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusOnTwoWheels View Post
    I didn't end up getting pictures, my bad ...

I've pretty much defaulted to using mine for Android Auto as well. Though that has some problems with my new phone ... My old HTC 10 would connect to it fine as soon as it powered up, the USB had no issues. Now with my Sony XZ2 Compact, there's some sort of power management issue going on between the phone and headunit. Takes about 3 mins of the headunit running before the power becomes stable enough for the unit and the sony to connect.

However, I just use Headunit Reloaded and connect to it over Wifi, and no issues :)

Makes the car infinitely more modern with Waze running on the main screen!
    Wait. So your connecting to the rsnav unit over wifi via Headunit reloaded? Do U have any more on how to set this up?

8. Default

Yeah, running it wirelessly with very few issues. Here's my setup.

- I connect to the Audi bluetooth for calls, and have tasker auto-start my Wifi Hotspot.
    - Once you've got the unit setup, you need to purchase and install Headunit Reloaded (HUR) on the RSNav unit. Have it auto connect to your Wifi Hotspot on boot.
    - Download Android Auto on your phone, and enable Developer Options. Once that's done, click "Start Headunit Server". It'll only need to be done once per phone boot, and you can automate it with Tasker to do it automatically.
    - Now launch HUR, and press Wifi. Done, automatically connects and the world is good. You can also go into the HUR settings and have it auto start when it connects to your Hotspot, but that's been unreliable for me ...

Definitely makes the car feel more like 2018, instead of 2008 :P