Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are Carsales adds so terrible?

Default Why are Carsales adds so terrible?

I understand carsales has an auto fill option for the add (as soon as I see one I close the add).

My question is why do the greater majority of people still use it? Itís populated with just crap and makes the adds totally generic.

Is it really that hard for people to do an add themselves. Put in which extras it has, where and when it was purchased. And any other details of the car or how well it was looked after.

i really donít care if a new rs3 has power windows or climate control itís a given...

Anyhow I found it annoying enough to start a thread about it haha. Happy to see if itís just me that finds it that annoying.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to random101 For This Useful Post:

jaydece (May 12th, 2018)

Agreed, itís all copy and paste...additionally the lack of pictures on the ad and the finer details which would attract more interest and buying potential...

ďEnd of rantĒ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...

4. Default

We've used Carsales on several occasions to sell "OUR" cars.NEVER used autofill, always have good results, we just tell the story about our car, & wait for the calls.
    Pickles.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pickles For This Useful Post:

jaydece (May 13th, 2018)

6. Default

Nice how much

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RsDream View Post
    Nice how much
    Does it have power windows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Default

I used to enjoy browsing car sales and reading the descriptions..

You could gather and feel how much the owner appreciated the vehicle by the description left..

Similar to seeing cheap (Nankang) tyres on a sportscar - what other maintenance items have they skipped on..
    Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+

TomCat TC600 Hybrid | E-Tuner Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart EM Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Michelin PS4S | Rays Forged ZE40's | DBA 5000 & Ferodo DS2500 | Flow Design lip

357kw / 690Nm @ Wheels

1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

9. Default

because they have no care and its easier to write basic stuff. The old Trading post was the best.

Most people don't have a clue or care about their car. They just want to know their car has power XYZ, etc. Anyone on this forum on the other hand are enthusiasts to varying degrees. The fact that we are ranting about this topic confirms that. The Autofill feature caters for the bulk of the population.

Now why didn't someone tell Nankang tyres are cheap stuff before I forked out good money for some!!!

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    2005 A6 C6 Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by broke90 View Post
    Most people don't have a clue or care about their car. They just want to know their car has power XYZ, etc. Anyone on this forum on the other hand are enthusiasts to varying degrees. The fact that we are ranting about this topic confirms that. The Autofill feature caters for the bulk of the population.

Now why didn't someone tell Nankang tyres are cheap stuff before I forked out good money for some!!!
    My S3 is now up for sale on carsales. Hopefully I wrote my advertisement to reflect my love of my car and the care taken to fastidiously maintain it for the last 3.5 years!

AUDI S3 8V SEDAN (MY15)
    - Misano Red w/Black Optics + Perf Pack + Pano Roof + US grille
    - ABT ECU tune & DP | VWR CAI | TMD | HiFlo bend | Intake hose | GFB DV+
    - H&R Sports + spacers + RSB.
    - ECS Tuning 2 piece rotors + EBC Red Stuff pads (fr & rear)
    - ECS Tuning oil catch can kit
    - 034 Motorsport - rear subframe mounts / dog bone insert
    - Cobra resonated catback s/s exhaust
    - Opticoat Pro treatment exterior & interior
    - Wagner FMIC + Spulen charge pipes
    - P3 Cars gauge + Dragy GPS

12. Default

Is there a way to find VINs on carsales? I just moved here from the US and we usually have VINs posted on most our big car websites, but I can't seem to see any on there

Most people don't post in ad either so it's hard to do a quick check on the vehicle factory options or history