Thread: My TT RS

Default My TT RS

I collected my TT RS today. Only drove it (nervously) 5km to Autofidelity to have the security work done. Then I collect it on Wednesday and drive it a bit further to The Ultimate Detailer for exterior and interior protection as well as window tinting.

Then I finally get it back for good early next week.

I took one photo at the dealer as a teaser. Will post more later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9711.jpg  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GUTCH For This Useful Post:

jaydece (May 15th, 2018)

Nice - congrats!

Looks like you got it from Audi Centre Brighton?

Thanks and correct. I posted all of the info in the 'Noob' section.

Some pics of the wrapping process...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9748.jpg   IMG_9749.jpg   IMG_9750.jpg   IMG_9751.jpg   IMG_9752.jpg  

IMG_9753.jpg   IMG_9754.jpg   IMG_9755.jpg  

And the rest...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9757.jpg   IMG_9756.jpg   IMG_9758.jpg   IMG_9759.jpg   IMG_9760.jpg  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GUTCH For This Useful Post:

jaydece (May 25th, 2018)

Finally collected the car last night and drove it from Knoxfield in Melbourne to St Kilda East. Switched it into Dynamic mode half way into the drive and I was giggling like a little girl the rest of the way home while making stupid sounds like "yeehaaa!".

9. Default

A very rapid go-cart with serious sound to match. Must be hell of a lot of fun to drive and still small enough to be nimble. IMO other RS cars have porked out too much bar the RS3 which is pretty similar.

Toss up between this and a Cayman GTS these days but the TTRS sounds better!

How does the clear wrap work? I assume it helps with stone chips. Been thinking about it for my next car.

So sorry for the late reply. I don't seem to have received a notification informing me that someone had replied to the thread. The wrap is great. There are different types of wraps such as ceramic, pomponazzi, etc. It protects the paint especially from bird droppings and scratches. Repairs itself with hot water but I don't intend to test that. In relation to stone protection etc, this was applied in addition to the wrap. I suggest you contact Dan from The Ultimate Detailer and discuss all of this with him. He's a great guy and a perfectionist.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GUTCH For This Useful Post:

jaydece (August 21st, 2018)