Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm back with a stock as a rock S4 B5

Default I'm back with a stock as a rock S4 B5

I'm back
    Sooner than i expected but anyway, here is the b5 s4 sedan.

I have always wanted the avant but at the time, the avant was still too small for 3kids and 2 50kg dogs so after my old b5 a4 avant got stolen, i bought an NM35 stagea instead.

First thing i did was to replace the DIS, upgrade dials led while at it. It's now nice and bright, if not a bit too bright . After driving it around for a day, i quickly organised a stage1 remote flash tuned straight the way as it's way too slow, for my liking.

Black beast (NM35 Stagea) in the background was my daily, running on corn-juice with attessa system, a hi-flow turbo using ceremic ball bearing, pumping out 300kw@4wheels base tune via linkg4, roughly 350kw@4wheels with a slight adjustment but i put a hole through the block one night so hence why the S4 is now my new daily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S4 and Beast.jpg   lcd before.jpg   led replacing.jpg   new lcd.jpg  
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

nice one, and welcome back!

How was the lag in the stagea.. 300 at the wheels is some decent power!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

Khoa (May 17th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    nice one, and welcome back!

How was the lag in the stagea.. 300 at the wheels is some decent power!
    Thanks.

Really minimal if not no lag
    Ceremic ballbearing spool up very quick, it was a customs design, lighter material, different blades combination.....etc apart from stock turbo housing, everything else were source from Europe. From a 2.5lt, no stallie, i get full boost 22psi at around 3000rpm.

plans for the S4?
    B5S4 Avant, F21's, E85, kWV3

Quote Originally Posted by cutbak View Post
    plans for the S4?
    Make it reliable for now. Then my goal is a reliable 300kw@4wheels again, no more pushing boundaries :).

Have been doing a lot of reading but i get mix feedback so im a bit confuse, most people quote in HP at the crank where i'm all about KW at the wheels. I believe some Stage3 will give me 300kw@wheels with the right combination and then some don't.

Probably should have bought an RS for that. You'll be able to get it but that's on the basis that you push the boundaries of the S4 manifolds or buy really scarce RS plumbing etc. "Speed cost money, how fast do you really want to go?" Big difference between having this as a weekend talk car and a DD.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Probably should have bought an RS for that. You'll be able to get it but that's on the basis that you push the boundaries of the S4 manifolds or buy really scarce RS plumbing etc. "Speed cost money, how fast do you really want to go?" Big difference between having this as a weekend talk car and a DD.
    I hear you,
    I could have bought that silver 600kw RS4 on carsales if i didn't spend a small fortune on my best friend 4 legged buddy, his name is Hagrid, he had cancer and i couldn't save him , he's now in doggy heaven but he left me behind with all the memories, gosh its' an empty world without him.

Ps. Still have that boost gauge, happy to take it back :).

Bad news. At least you had a choice and made the right one. Boost Gg fitted Sent you a PM.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

I got 290atw with stage 3

If I knew you were looking I would have worked out a deal

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Audi A3 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Neru View Post
    I got 290atw with stage 3

If I knew you were looking I would have worked out a deal

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Was speaking to Paul about your car and your set up today.