Thread: who have removed the egr? NEED HELP PLEASE

1. Lightbulb who have removed the egr? NEED HELP PLEASE

HI... i'm new here and hope to become some help with my 2010 A5 TDI. I'm not an mechanic and have not much understanding about engines. i had my car in one year twice at the mechanic to repair/clean the egr valve. it toked always just about two months until it played up again. i heart it would be possible to remove the egr valve. had anyone experience with that? thanks Marcus.
    Last edited by Loeschi82; July 6th, 2018 at 09:01 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Loeschi82 View Post
    HI... i'm new here and hope to become some help with my 2010 A5 TDI. I'm not an mechanic and have not much understanding about engines. i had my car in one year twice at the mechanic to repair/clean the egr valve. it toked always just about two months until it played up again. i heart it would be possible to remove the egr valve. had anyone experience with that? thanks Marcus.
    3.0 tdi or 2.0 tdi? You could block it off then you would need to remap your ecu to ignore the through flow fault being set. or you replace with the newer revised cooler and software.

Quote Originally Posted by wankel View Post
    3.0 tdi or 2.0 tdi? You could block it off then you would need to remap your ecu to ignore the through flow fault being set. or you replace with the newer revised cooler and software.
    I have a friend of a friend who did this and it works really well. used to get a cel once every two weeks beforehand, no check engine lights since the blanking plate and an oem remap...