Thread: DSG oil change

Default DSG oil change

The wifeís 3.0TDI Q5 is due for a transmission service, just oil and filters and I figured Iíd have a go myself. Google hasnít been as definitive as Iíd like. Itís a DSG 7 speed and it seems itís got two oiling systems...one for the transmission and one for the wet clutch. Any links to a decent set of servicing instructions? Iím sure the oil grades can be sourced non Audi as well?

Quote Originally Posted by GT8 View Post
    The wifeís 3.0TDI Q5 is due for a transmission service, just oil and filters and I figured Iíd have a go myself. Google hasnít been as definitive as Iíd like. Itís a DSG 7 speed and it seems itís got two oiling systems...one for the transmission and one for the wet clutch. Any links to a decent set of servicing instructions? Iím sure the oil grades can be sourced non Audi as well?
    Youtube is your friend ....

I know you need a VAG com cable or similar to find out the right temperature to refill the fluid again ... i learnt this watching some DSG service videos ...unsure if your car is same procedure ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...