Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S3 Insurance

1. Default S3 Insurance

Since first owning the car from 2015, my insurance went up by $800 because 'there's more data to assess the car'... according to NRMA.

With NRMA and it went from $1450 to $2300... that's just a bit too much. And I just realised a new 'option' tick box of 'choice of repairer' I thought that was the standard for NRMA and it's now an option?

I'm wondering if this is happening to other S3 owners as well?

2. Default

I just signed up to NRMA today.
    2018 S3
    2 drivers (both >25)
    10% loyalty and 65% No claim discount
    Choice of Repairer
    No claim protection
    Agreed value $71,400
    $1500 excess
    $748

Multi policy discount helps if you can do it. 7.5% to 10% adds up quickly
    Last edited by Dave31; August 8th, 2018 at 08:02 PM.

NRMA
    2016 S3 Agreed value $63800
    2 drivers both >25
    20% loyalty & 65% no claim discount
    Choice of repairer
    $1000 excess
    $1466
    Could have got lower with 'market Value' + higher excess + no choice of repairer + living in a more outer suburb of South West Sydney.
    MY16 Sportsback Sepang Blue
    Assistance package | S performance package 2 | Privacy glass | Sunroof | Load through facility | Black styling package | Exterior mirror package

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yiph View Post
    Since first owning the car from 2015, my insurance went up by $800 because 'there's more data to assess the car'... according to NRMA.

With NRMA and it went from $1450 to $2300... that's just a bit too much. And I just realised a new 'option' tick box of 'choice of repairer' I thought that was the standard for NRMA and it's now an option?

I'm wondering if this is happening to other S3 owners as well?
    As others have indicated there are other factors involved... what is your age, excess, location, and is it fixed/market value. Then you could compare.

In Jan 2018 mine was $1453 (NRMA)
    New MY18 S3 sedan
    market value (doesn't matter in first year at least)
    choice of repairer
    excess: $695
    windscreen protection

Maybe the renewal will be painful...

5. Default

I'll just add to this.

I am also with NRMA... 2017 S3 - $80,000 agreed - $800 excess - QLD, Brisbane North

September 17 - $1305

Choice of repairer was an option I ticked. And I had to make a claim last week after someone reversed into car. The only audi approved panel repairer in brisbane isn't NRMA preferred... they took the quote without question, getting repaired in a fortnight. Might be a different story if I was at fault, but very happy with the insurance so far.

Will update next month when its up for renewal.

6. Default

Try Rynoís car insurance,Iíve had my SQ5 insured with them for 4 years now and they are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    I'll just add to this.

I am also with NRMA... 2017 S3 - $80,000 agreed - $800 excess - QLD, Brisbane North

September 17 - $1305

Choice of repairer was an option I ticked. And I had to make a claim last week after someone reversed into car. The only audi approved panel repairer in brisbane isn't NRMA preferred... they took the quote without question, getting repaired in a fortnight. Might be a different story if I was at fault, but very happy with the insurance so far.

Will update next month when its up for renewal.
    Glad that was your experience, i could tell you about the 8 months long nightmare my son had with NRMA, where they didn't use the mechanic our selected repairer wanted to use, it was a combination of mechanical and body damage. yes he was at fault btw. but at least their renewal cost is competitive.
    S3 Sportback MY15 - Floret Silver - S tronic - nothing else

Unfortunately it's very much a case by case basis. Everyone man and his dog will have an opinion on insurance companies. I made a claim with NRMA at the start of the year for my 2016 S3 and the experience was effortless. I wasn't at fault and I picked my choice of repairer who wasn't an NRMA preferred repairer without any issues. Repairs were approved 3 days after the car was dropped off and claim initiated which in my opinion is great.
    2016 8V S3 Sportsback - Mythos Black - 19" S Performance Pack 2 wheels - Panoramic Roof - Black Optics

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie17 View Post
    Unfortunately it's very much a case by case basis. Everyone man and his dog will have an opinion on insurance companies. I made a claim with NRMA at the start of the year for my 2016 S3 and the experience was effortless. I wasn't at fault and I picked my choice of repairer who wasn't an NRMA preferred repairer without any issues. Repairs were approved 3 days after the car was dropped off and claim initiated which in my opinion is great.
    Yes every person and their dog does have opinion based on how their claim is handled or mishandled, my only advice is if you do get NRMA, get their comprehensive plus product, that covers you for a hire car as long as your car is being repaired. Yes the NRMA did the right thing in the end but only after we exhausted all their internal dispute processes and ended up with the Insurance Ombudsman, the issue was caused by the NRMA insisting on using their own mechanics.
    S3 Sportback MY15 - Floret Silver - S tronic - nothing else

10. Default

I'm insured with Suncorp. Have a RS3 and pay around the 1k mark from memory. Give them a try.