Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airbag Recalls

Had my A6 4F done on 24/12 by Audi Parramatta. Passenger airbag only. Took couple of hours, but they washed my car as well. I don't take my car there so that was nice of them.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    2005 A6 C6 Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6

UPDATE - Just picked up my B7, process only took about a hour. Ecu tune is unaffected. The whole service lot was a B7 day :))
    Also had a complimentary Q5 loan car, make sure you request this when booking or you won't be provided with transport on the day.
    APR

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheChenga View Post
    UPDATE - Just picked up my B7, process only took about a hour. Ecu tune is unaffected. The whole service lot was a B7 day :))
    Also had a complimentary Q5 loan car, make sure you request this when booking or you won't be provided with transport on the day.
    Thanks for the update. I still need to book mine in...

Can you confirm that it was just the front passenger airbag that they replace ?

I was recently reading the service schedule and discovered "the airbag system must be renewed by your Audi Dealer or other Service Centre no later than 14 years after the date of manufacture".

Well, that's my 2005 B7... Sounds like a really expensive exercise... was wondering if anyone actually does this ??

Quote Originally Posted by Overtake View Post
    Thanks for the update. I still need to book mine in...

Can you confirm that it was just the front passenger airbag that they replace ?

I was recently reading the service schedule and discovered "the airbag system must be renewed by your Audi Dealer or other Service Centre no later than 14 years after the date of manufacture".

Well, that's my 2005 B7... Sounds like a really expensive exercise... was wondering if anyone actually does this ??

Just the passenger front airbag, removal of glove box was all they needed to perform the recall.

I would think the mentioning of that type of service is usually just the routine checks during normal services, to ensure that the airbag is responsive to diagnostics so that in the case it were to be deployed it would receive communication from the vehicle; including checking the wiring and fault codes. As the vehicle wiring and sensors age they tend to become loose & brittle, especially the under seat sensor which can trigger an airbag light.
    Too true, air bags are very expensive to replace, especially if it were all of them.
    APR