Thread: I think the service guy went for a thrash in my car - RS4!

Default I think the service guy went for a thrash in my car - RS4!

I bought some Toyo tyres off tyresales and today had them fitted at the Brisbane Audi dealer in the valley. I waited 4 hours, finally the car (B7RS4) is ready. I get in turn on and the key and the oil temp is 95 deg. whilst sitting waiting at one point I heard the car drive out, 20mins later its ready. the car must have cooled down in the 4 hours they had it. then they've gone for a gratuitous blast, I know how long it takes the thing to heat up! Im amazed, Ive sent them an email, I doubt I will get a reply as they made so little $ out of me. Wont be back there. Ive had tyres and alignments done before at tyre shops and no one has ever taken the car for a drive to QC it. Am I over reacting?!
    gone 2001 nogaro blue S4 avant, UR quattro,
    NOW b7 RS4 sedan

No I don't think your over reacting. I'm guessing a young apprentice took it for a joyride. As for waiting 4 hours to get tyres fitted that's absurd.

3. Default

Sadly that behaviour isn’t surprising even from an Audi dealership.

My RS3 had to go to an Audi dealer for lane assist calibration after a windscreen replacement. The GPS tracker installed in the car clocked it at 95kph past a school (during school hours) on their “calibration” drive.

Wrote to dealership and Audi Australia, zero response from either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesatfish For This Useful Post:

Albervin (November 7th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I bought some Toyo tyres off tyresales and today had them fitted at the Brisbane Audi dealer in the valley. I waited 4 hours, finally the car (B7RS4) is ready. I get in turn on and the key and the oil temp is 95 deg. whilst sitting waiting at one point I heard the car drive out, 20mins later its ready. the car must have cooled down in the 4 hours they had it. then they've gone for a gratuitous blast, I know how long it takes the thing to heat up! Im amazed, Ive sent them an email, I doubt I will get a reply as they made so little $ out of me. Wont be back there. Ive had tyres and alignments done before at tyre shops and no one has ever taken the car for a drive to QC it. Am I over reacting?!
    Not at all. Problem with todays mentality is that very few have to save or really sacrifice for something special so while it may be out of the personal reach of the tester, no compunctions in just giving it a blast. max boost from cold etc, not my problem. From top to bottom, the white shoe brigade that run most dealerships are of the same mind so hard to get any result. The fact that James post identifies no response from Audi is indicative, despite him being a very valued customer compared to me. Personally I'd hand over the GPS log to the cops and wish them luck.

If I need to have my car seen by a business I don't know, I have a standard form that the business must sign where they guarantee that the car won't be driven off the premises. If it needs a road test then I go to. Yep, lucky to be able to do that and understand that this is a remedy not available to many but it's the best peace of mind I'm likely to get. That said, I have used shops where I know the owner and they have no baby mechanics so no problem with trust in those occasions.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

this just gets better.
    since the audi professionals had the car it has a horrid front end wobble. so took it to bob jane locally, for a balance. they couldn't find the wheel key!! the %$*!s at audi have lost it!! and to get a new one I have to go and see them again. and the left rear is leaking so i cant get that fixed until i get the key too!
    deep breath.
    gone 2001 nogaro blue S4 avant, UR quattro,
    NOW b7 RS4 sedan

Clearly a talented mechanic not to pick up the shimmy during the original "test" drive. I could forgive the wheel bolt key, sometimes that gets put somewhere in plain view, but normally the shop has a full set of keys they use anyway so why use yours. It's all a bit sad to think that some dealerships can't even manage the bread and butter items.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

8. Default

I try not to take my car to shops that I cannot personally watch my car being fixed, but sometimes you have no other choices!

If you want to make them give you back the wheel key + an apology, write a review for them here and on a review website + on google map reviews. I bet they'll rectify the issue! But make sure to be very polite in your review and do not accuse them of something directly; i.e, avoid a defamation case!