Thread: What are the best filter brands and where to buy them?

Question What are the best filter brands and where to buy them?

Hi!

I wanted to know which filter brands are best to buy for my A5 2.0 TFSI 2011? It has been serviced at the dealership till now, but now I want to give it to my mechanic for service. However, I am going to buy the parts myself to make sure they are correct and high quality ones.

I need oil/ air/ cabin air and fuel filters. I searched and it seems MANN brand is one of the bests. Also, there are K&N and AEM (mostly air filters). Audi dealers have Audi brand filters which I doubt they are built by Audi, but at the end of the day, they might be better than other filters.

If I don't want to go with dealer filters and MANN or other third party brands are good enough, there is an online shop called Sparesbox which I can buy filters from them (couldn't find good filters on AutoBarn or SuperAutoCheap online catalogs).

Thanks! :)

I use BMC air filters, had them in A3,A6,S8 & Q7.
    2007 S8 D3 5.2 V10!!

2005 A3 8P 3.2 GONE!!!

2011 Q7 4.2TDI..GONE!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Davidd003 For This Useful Post:

RFA5 (October 1st, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RFA5 View Post
    Hi!

I searched and it seems MANN brand is one of the bests. Also, there are K&N and AEM (mostly air filters). Audi dealers have Audi brand filters which I doubt they are built by Audi, but at the end of the day, they might be better than other filters.
    Correct! Filters from the dealer are just stamped with their logo and made by Mann or Mahle. I've always used Mann filters.
    Sparesbox has great deals and you can get some good discounts
    WAUZZZ
    Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ
    APR
    8P A3 REVO
    B6 S4 JHM
    B8 S4
    Past
    B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8T
    B5 S4 GIAC

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheChenga For This Useful Post:

RFA5 (October 2nd, 2018)

I've always used K&n filters without a problem and they provide a great flow, but if you decide to use one get a dry filter as the MAF sensor doesn't like oiled ones.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk