Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: B9 RS4 Avant or B9 RS5 Sportback?

Anytime mate. So did you change your mind about the colour ?

I just thought if you had paid a deposit after a deal was made, it would be tricky to change your spec hence your final price right? To me wouldn’t that be another negotiation all over? Lol oh well, but I guess the colour of the car matters.

Did you get a rough build week for your RS5 SB?

Watched a video on the RS5 sb on YouTube , American dealership got theirs already and it looks great. Longer than a RS5 coupe so hence the “practicality”.

Jack

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JDRS3 For This Useful Post:

Jon Leven (January 22nd, 2019)

Still thinking of the colour Jack, I do want to be happy with what I get so I don't mind negotiating a little. The dealer is going out of their way to make me happy so I am appreciative of this.
    I'm now considering the other blue hues but keep coming back to the black.
    My biggest concern with the Panther Black is if I ever have to get it colour matched.

Been given week 15 as build week but obviously that will change if I change colour & throw it back about 4-5 weeks apparently.

I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh soon, still nothing on the Audi Australia website & have been relying on what I can find on the net from America too haha

I can fully understand that sentiment, colour is something quite permanent and since this is going to be a hot car you want to have it in a way you like the most.

There is a rs5 coupe at the sydney Audi center, go and take a look if it’s close enough for you mate. It’s in black, it’s one cool looking machine! Like nearly all cars do look cooler/meaner in black.

I had a look on web, they will hit the showroom in feb so another month you will able to see them in different colours at different centers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JDRS3 For This Useful Post:

Jon Leven (January 30th, 2019)

I have a Panther Black RS6. Being a black, it is obviously harder work than other colours to keep clean and swirl free. It’s also more prone to showing stone chips etc. Looks magnificent when clean (lots of metallic flakes/depth with purple hues) and also pretty menacing all blacked out and with the carbon fibre accents.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

JDRS3 (January 23rd, 2019), Jon Leven (January 30th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Leven View Post
    Still thinking of the colour Jack, I do want to be happy with what I get so I don't mind negotiating a little. The dealer is going out of their way to make me happy so I am appreciative of this.
    I'm now considering the other blue hues but keep coming back to the black.
    My biggest concern with the Panther Black is if I ever have to get it colour matched.

Been given week 15 as build week but obviously that will change if I change colour & throw it back about 4-5 weeks apparently.

I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh soon, still nothing on the Audi Australia website & have been relying on what I can find on the net from America too haha
    Living with Black is a serious commitment over time. The B5 (going back aways) was only offered here in black and then we got the excess NZ allowance which was only in silver (Avus). In the UK and Europe they offered a range of colours and my personal view is that I would have chosen almost anything other than black or silver. Looking at the cars now, the blue, yellow and green options really set off the lines and highlight the special bodywork. I think that it's worth every second of your time to choose from what is available. Thankfully not everyone is into the blacked out look and being visible on the road is a plus too. The Nagaro blue is a prime colour and some of the clubs even have sub-groups for Nagaro cars. Looks very swish.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

I always loved black (had a B6 Avant) but was hard to maintain. It pays ($$) to get it buffed from time to time, and then coating with something to protect it. I had it for 12 years, and at the end, looked great, but was buffed to sell...

Personally, on reflection, I'd probably get a blue car (Nagaro) if I could.. favourite colour, but still harder to maintain/clean/scratch free than white/silver...

From what I understand, darker colours don't soak up the light rays in scratches the same way lighter cars do...

https://www.best-auto-detailing-tips...nt-colors.html

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Jack, been waiting to fine out when they are going to hit the showrooms so I can go have a good look.

I do like the black look for its meanness haha.

Will contemplate a change of wheels in the future to something in a Bronze.

RS6 in Panther Black would definitely be a beast, very nice Alister.

I have ordered with the full Carbon Fibre accents so hopefully can take full effect of the blacked out look.

Great information, thank you some very valid points & obviously you know your history.

I'm picking up a 2018 Mytho Black S4 Avant next week, I'm thinking of having it wrapped in Nardo grey. The Black does look good but it's a bit Darth Vader. I've had a few black cars over the years and I don't think heat is an issue with a modern car. I also find them easy to keep clean but you do have to watch for swirl marks if you do any buffing.
    1997 A3 1.8T sold
    2000 TT quattro sold
    2005 Lava Grey A3 2.0 TFSI DSG Sportback, Open Sky, roof racks, Vienna Leather. Sold
    2006 Black A4 2.0 TFSI S-line Quattro Avant Sold
    2009 White A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant, Open Sky roof, MMi+ 19" rims, Bang and Olufsen, adaptive cruse, Oak Beaufort trim. Sold
    2016 A4 Quattro sport Avant, Manhattan Gray, Panno roof, Technik package, Assistance package. Sold
    2018 S4 Avant, Sports diff, S performance package, Technik package, honeycomb grille.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phydaux For This Useful Post:

Jon Leven (February 6th, 2019)