Thread: Engine mounts

Default Engine mounts

Any one had to do an engine mount in a SQ5?

i have a 2013 sq5 Tdi with 52000 km on it and a vibration has come all of a sudden and mechanic says it is a failed engine mount. Quite expensive

im looking to go down the track of Australian Consumer protection statutory guarantee under the classification of fit for purpose and lasting, for an item that should last longer than 51k.

any thoughts?
    John
    my14 SQ5, Monsoon Grey, 21s, Sunroof.
    my14 Landcruiser Sahara 4.5 TTD bars, lifted etc
    a few bikes

Quote Originally Posted by JSloosehead View Post
    Any one had to do an engine mount in a SQ5?

i have a 2013 sq5 Tdi with 52000 km on it and a vibration has come all of a sudden and mechanic says it is a failed engine mount. Quite expensive

im looking to go down the track of Australian Consumer protection statutory guarantee under the classification of fit for purpose and lasting, for an item that should last longer than 51k.

any thoughts?
    My personal opinion, a waste of your time. Firstly you will need to confirm that it is actually the mount. Then that there wasn't a leak or something else like a previous service mistake didn't contribute to deterioration of part of the mount. SQ5, SUV, dirt roads? All likely hurdles you would need to jump.

These are consumable items and the car is circa 5 years old. The more technical the item (fluid filled etc), the likelihood is that it's life will be shorter. Probably no solace but what else can you say.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

FWIW the engine mounts in the current gen S6/S7 (4.0TT V8) are prone to failure too. I had one go in the S6 under warranty - expensive part (circa $1.5k each?) as they are active mounts plus significant labour bill to replace.

I would have a crack at Audi Australia for goodwill given the KMs, particularly if you’re the first owner and have had the car fully serviced at Audi dealerships.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.