Thread: Active Cruise Control

1. Default Active Cruise Control

Hi all

Has anyone retro fitted an OEM adaptive cruise control module to their car? Wanting to install into my 2011 RS5.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Possible, but not cheap.

Requires radar cruise sensor and associated grille, replacement stalks, instrument cluster, retrofit harness, calibration etc.

Radar alignment is extremely crucial.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Sold - 2008 B7 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Sold - 2005 B7 A4, 1.8T Avant SLine

4. Default

Have you driven a car with ACC? If not, try it before you go to the trouble. You might not like what it does - and might find the "dumb" cruise control is more to your liking.

There are times I really like it and times (like when it mistakes a car in the next lane for the car in front and puts on the brakes) that I would like to have standard CC.

5. Default

No way - It's marvellous; from a guy that doesn't care much for driving aids. You can turn off the "undertaking " through OBD11 which helps. Too many self employed traffic calmers in the right lane these days and this makes a highway trip much better. It actually has me driving slower on alot of occasions as it just matches speed with the guy in front - I look down and I'm doing 90 in 110 zone....maybe I'll overtake. ..maybe I'll just let it cruise...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Default

Yeh had it in my Polestar and makes peak our traffic more enjoyable....!! Much prefer to have than not. Hard to live without since previously having. 'Dumb' cruise control to me seems dangerous after living with adaptive for may years.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Possible, but not cheap.

Requires radar cruise sensor and associated grille, replacement stalks, instrument cluster, retrofit harness, calibration etc.
    You sure the instrument cluster requires changing as you can see the outlines of the lighting on the cluster when the dash is exposed to the sun.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    No way - It's marvellous; from a guy that doesn't care much for driving aids. You can turn off the "undertaking " through OBD11 which helps. Too many self employed traffic calmers in the right lane these days and this makes a highway trip much better. It actually has me driving slower on alot of occasions as it just matches speed with the guy in front - I look down and I'm doing 90 in 110 zone....maybe I'll overtake. ..maybe I'll just let it cruise...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yup. Concur 100%. Its gold.