Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolley Jack

Default Trolley Jack

I'm in the market for a new trolley jack and was wondering what you guys use or recommend?

My car is low so I'm looking for a low-profile jack and I really don't have a preference between steel/aluminium.

Thanks.

http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=11315

If you can find one of them get one. The only jack I would ever use. I have had mine for 6 years or more and its still like new. I don't know if Snap on/Bluepoint still make them though

Check out Ozbargain.com.au - Supercheap auto ebay store - low profile alloy 2700kg jack down from $429.00 to $153.00 with discount codes JUMPER30 and P5OFF.

Not as low profile as some but has met all my needs. Has to be the best bang for buck around.
    2010 C63, 2009 A3 8P 1.8 TFSI Sportback panoramic roof & 2007 Polo GTi

4. Default

Supercheap Auto toolpro 3tone trolley jack is the best by far,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a Costco membership or know someone that does, definitely check their low profile jacks out!
    Gone
    B5 A4 1.8T Stage 1
    B5 A4 1.8T Stage 1+

Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ APR

Never
    B7 S4 Manual

You can always drive your car up on two pieces of 25mm plywood to get that extra inch with a low rider. Think about how you want to use it, don't scrimp on max lift weight and buy quality, nothing worse than internal leakage and constant droop.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

ido09s (November 8th, 2018)

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ido09s View Post
    http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=11315

If you can find one of them get one. The only jack I would ever use. I have had mine for 6 years or more and its still like new. I don't know if Snap on/Bluepoint still make them though
    This jack looks awesome, although I looked around and it doesn't seem to be available in Australia anymore. I called and left a message for the Snap-On Rep but I haven't heard from him yet so I'll wait and see...

I did notice that it's a 1 Ton jack which sounds a little on the low side. I know that you don't lift the entire car weight on one corner, but I also need this jack to lift a Q5 so I'm wondering if I'll need more capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    You can always drive your car up on two pieces of 25mm plywood to get that extra inch with a low rider. Think about how you want to use it, don't scrimp on max lift weight and buy quality, nothing worse than internal leakage and constant droop.
    I agree. I know there are probably some really good low cost jack options out there but I definitely don't want to scrimp on quality either.

If there are any other suggestions keep them coming.

Thanks.

I’ve got the Kincrome 3T low profile jack. Not the lightest jack out there but lifts the S6 with absolute ease.

Quote Originally Posted by ATres View Post

This jack looks awesome, although I looked around and it doesn't seem to be available in Australia anymore. I called and left a message for the Snap-On Rep but I haven't heard from him yet so I'll wait and see...

I did notice that it's a 1 Ton jack which sounds a little on the low side. I know that you don't lift the entire car weight on one corner, but I also need this jack to lift a Q5 so I'm wondering if I'll need more capacity?

Thanks.
    It lifts the back end of my Ranger fine so it does lift more than a tonne. Easily lifts each front corner but wont lift the whole front of the Ranger up which isn't an issue for me. I have never had an issue lifting normal cars with it. If it weren't for the extended sump on the 200SX it would easily get under it and lift straight up off the crossmember.

Shame if its not available any more. As a mechanic its never failed me and my life is worth more than a cheap trolley jack

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Iíve got the Kincrome 3T low profile jack. Not the lightest jack out there but lifts the S6 with absolute ease.
    Make sure you keep an eye on the oil level as the seals go in them quiet often, as I get them returned all the time at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk