Thread: 1999 Audi A4 1.8T Avant Quattro manual

Default 1999 Audi A4 1.8T Avant Quattro manual

Let me start the advert with the elephant in the room, this car has 360,000kms on the clock.

Now that thatís out the way you might understand why this car has some quirks but is ultimately still a great Quattro wagon.
    1.8 Turbo AJL engine, manual, Quattro, pre facelift B5

I have done extensive work sorting this car out with the intention of continuing and keeping it however times change. My loss your gain etc etc.
    Over $2000 of new parts have been fitted with receipts to prove along with garage invoices for other major work. New goodies include, clutch, tyres, front shocks, disc and pads, suspension bushes, oil lines, a new turbo and best of all a high flow cat for a bit extra power. The car has also had a full service with cambelt and waterpump done.

Mechanically I think the car is really good, the only issue I have had is a low oil pressure warning light come on a couple of times. This could be sludge build up given the high KMís. I always turn the car off immediately and it seems to clear. I'm not driving it daily.

Cosmetically she scrubs up ok but there a few scuffs and scratches. Inside the interior is ok and I have installed a couple of new/used front seats. The headlining is a bit saggy and the LCD display doesnít really display anymore. Also the blower is constantly on at the max fan speed regardless of what button is pressed, the A/C does still work though if you press it. I believe a new blower module will fix this, about $30, but Iíve just lived with it.

The car has NSW rego until May 2019 (Located in Northern NSW)

Iím asking for $2500 in light of the money Iíve spent but will listen to offers. Send me a message here or get me on 0421354339. Happy to send more/better pics

Thanks, Bruce
    IMG_2908.jpgIMG_2909.jpgIMG_2953.jpgIMG_2955.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by beej89 View Post
    Let me start the advert with the elephant in the room, this car has 360,000kms on the clock.

Now that that’s out the way you might understand why this car has some quirks but is ultimately still a great Quattro wagon.
    1.8 Turbo AJL engine, manual, Quattro, pre facelift B5

I have done extensive work sorting this car out with the intention of continuing and keeping it however times change. My loss your gain etc etc.
    Over $2000 of new parts have been fitted with receipts to prove along with garage invoices for other major work. New goodies include, clutch, tyres, front shocks, disc and pads, suspension bushes, oil lines, a new turbo and best of all a high flow cat for a bit extra power. The car has also had a full service with cambelt and waterpump done.

Mechanically I think the car is really good, the only issue I have had is a low oil pressure warning light come on a couple of times. This could be sludge build up given the high KM’s. I always turn the car off immediately and it seems to clear. I'm not driving it daily.

Cosmetically she scrubs up ok but there a few scuffs and scratches. Inside the interior is ok and I have installed a couple of new/used front seats. The headlining is a bit saggy and the LCD display doesn’t really display anymore. Also the blower is constantly on at the max fan speed regardless of what button is pressed, the A/C does still work though if you press it. I believe a new blower module will fix this, about $30, but I’ve just lived with it.

The car has NSW rego until May 2019 (Located in Northern NSW)

I’m asking for $2500 in light of the money I’ve spent but will listen to offers. Send me a message here or get me on 0421354339. Happy to send more/better pics

Thanks, Bruce
    IMG_2908.jpgIMG_2909.jpgIMG_2953.jpgIMG_2955.jpg
    Honestly looks clean overall!

Good bargain for anyone that wants to spend $220 on a Febi oil pump, it's a pain in the arse to do but should likely fix it if it's at idle oil pressure.

GLWS.
    Current - 1999.5 B5 A4 1.8TQS

• K03-029
    • 3' Exhaust
    • KW v1's and more

Past - 1994 B4 80 V6 (2.6), 1992 B3 80 (2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-Matt View Post
    Honestly looks clean overall!

Good bargain for anyone that wants to spend $220 on a Febi oil pump, it's a pain in the arse to do but should likely fix it if it's at idle oil pressure.

GLWS.
    Thanks, its a really nice car and I've put quite a bit of work into it! I'd love to keep it as i'm sure these are becoming rarer but unfortunately I've got to let it go.